1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charged for receivers, then not charged?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ronimous, Mar 26, 2009.

1. ronimous

ronimous AllStar

Jan 31, 2007
    I'm a new customer, ordered online. Ordered 1 HDDVR and 2 HD receivers. Got an instant rebate for the price of the HDDVR, but had to pay $99 each for the HD receivers. My card was charged immediately upon placing the order.

Installation came and went without a problem, and now I'm checking my statement and the charges for the receivers is gone. Checking the order on my D* account page also shows no charges for the receivers.

Am I missing something?

2. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    The 2 additional charges for the HD receivers will not show up on your monthly statement. The only place that you would see those charges would be on your original work order. Did you receive an order confirmation through email or snail mail?

If your cc was charged for the 2 HDs and you had them installed and this is what you agreed to pay for, I wouldn't be too concerned about the charges.

Enjoy:)

3. ronimous

ronimous AllStar

Jan 31, 2007
    Received confirmation via email, checking that same order status on the D* website shows the installation as 'cancelled'. I was not canceled and I'm in good standing.

Bank account was charged $212 right after I signed up for D*.

Now, checking my bank statement, that charge is gone.

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Maybe, your part of the stimulas plan? You say your account charge is gone is your balance 212 to the good? and you're still getting D* tv, Then do not kick a sleeping Dog--enjoy.

5. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    remove any auto pay options and enjoy :) :)

6. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    Is this the only order that was placed with Directv?

If the order was indeed cancelled, that would be the reason that the $ was credited back to your bank account.

If the installation was done, there is going to be one unlucky tech out there who is not going to get paid because he can't close the work order out.

Any ideas as to why it would have been cancelled?:)

7. ronimous

ronimous AllStar

Jan 31, 2007
    I have no idea why it was cancelled. Nothing unusual about the install. Everything went fine.

I'm leasing the receivers, does that make a difference?

8. roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782 Icon

Sep 27, 2008
    Leasing wouldn't make a difference. I also would watch out since D* may have goofed up somehow and they may charge your card again.

9. Elephanthead

Elephanthead Legend

Feb 3, 2007
    look for 3 unreturned receiver fees next month for 800 each. DTV and proper billing don't exist.

10. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    What you may have seen was the authorization (Temp Hold) on the pending charges. However since the final invoice was not transmitted to the bank before the authorization expired it was released back to you. When DirecTV submits the final charge invoice the charges will be listed again.