1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Charged twice for HD and DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by F1aReD, Oct 11, 2013.

1. F1aReD

F1aReD AllStar

Sep 27, 2011
    I just got my statement online. Even though I have $50 in bill credits, I'm still paying $100 for 2 HD-Tvs, Whole home DVR, and Choice. I understand this might be better or less than some of you pay.

Looking at my bill, it says "Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly $10" and "Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly $10" (twice)...Is this normal? I only have ONE HD-DVR (HR-24, and an H-25)

It seems like it indicates I have 2 "advanced" receivers, a DVR and an HD, unless they consider the H-25 "advanced"

Thanks

2. cforrest

cforrest Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly $10= HD Access Fee which is $10

Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly $10= DVR Fee with WHDVR on it ($7+$3)

If you are seeing the above charges twice something is wrong unless they are for different periods on the same bill, which would be odd in itself as well.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    You should only be seeing the HD and DVR fee once each, they are per account. It wouldn't matter even if you had 12 DVRs. Each box after the first one has an additional TV fee. You do have two advanced receivers, but that doesn't matter.

4. DirecTV 

DirecTV  New Member

Oct 10, 2013
    This is the way DirecTV does it.
    One charge for HD, if you have at least one HD unit.
    One charge for DVR, if you have at least one DVR.
    DirecTV does provide a credit for the HD charge if you opt-in for ACH.

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    My bill shows $10 for HD and $10 for advanced DVR. I do not have Whole Home and there is no listing for it on my bill.
    If you are correct, I am paying for whole home and not getting it. My screen says "Not Authorized" when I check the status of Whole Home.

This is from the DirecTV Help Website:

Is there a fee for DVR and HD Services?

Yes. There is an $10 monthly Advanced Receiver Service-DVR fee for DVR service and a $10.00 monthly Advanced Receiver Service-HD fee for HD service. These services cover the entire house, no matter how many receivers you have.

6. F1aReD

F1aReD AllStar

Sep 27, 2011
    Ok, it sounds normal to me then. I only have those two charges on my bill, one for HD and one for DVR.

There wording sounds a little funny to me. It looks like there charging me for two separate receivers, one an HD only receiver and one a DVR only receiver...When in fact there just charging me for "HD service" by itself and "DVR service" by itself.

7. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Correct.

8. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Okay, then why am I seeing this on my bill?

10/01 10/31 Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly 10.00 [​IMG]
    10/01 10/31 Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly 10.00 [​IMG]
    10/01 10/31 DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service Monthly 3.00

A reply above mentioned that the DVR fee is $7 + $3.
    I'm guessing that was for new subscribers.

9. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    MRV is not part of the $10 DVR fee. If you get the items broken out like this and have MRV, there will be a separate item for MRV.

If you are a recent subscriber, you'll see one line item for advance receiver fee that is $25 and includes HD, DVR and MRV.

10. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    That poster was confused. The DVR fee used to be $7/month, then I think it went up to $8/month, and now it went up to $10/month. Whole Home DVR has always been seperate and has always been $3/month.

However, new accounts are now charged just one fee of $25/month that covers all three, luckily us old subcribers are saving $2/month. At least for now, I wouldn't be suprised if come this February when we get the yearly fee increases we don't see the Whole Home DVR fee go up to $5/month, or they force everyone over to the $25/month fee.

11. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Everytime I see one of your posts I want a beer. As I read your posts, all I can think about is a cold brew. Just out of curiosity, what beer do you favor?

Rich

12. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I'm a simple guy, a good cold Coors Banquet beer or a Budweiser is good enough for me. I don't need any fancy expensive microbrews.

13. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Huh. Last beer I had was a Coors Gold. Used to drink Bass Ale, but my wife found out how much a case of that cost and made me stop. I liked Coors Gold as much. Was recommended by a lush I knew. Good choice. Been over 15 years now...

Rich

14. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I'd love to try more of the Coors beers, but they are extremely hard to find around here in central Illinois. Heck I have a hard enough time finding Coors Banquet (or Coors Original if you want to call it that). Most stores and bars around here only carry Coors Light.

15. longrider

longrider DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    Boy did this thread go off topic... :) :)

However, I am glad to see some people still have good taste in beer as in NO light beer! The best description of light beer is Drinking light beer is like making love in a canoe. It's f******g close to water.

Rich, I can agree on the issue of prices, I was and still am a big fan of New Belgium's Fat Tire but when a case of Bud is only $3 or $4 more than a 12 pack of Fat Tire guess which wins

16. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I did drink and enjoy Amstel Light beer. Then it dawned on me what "light" meant. Still, it was the only light beer I've ever tried that I liked.

But you're right, this is really off topic. I think I'll wander over the OT and start a Beer thread...

Rich

17. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You'll find a thread titled Beer in the OT. Better to take our opinions on this very interesting subject there.

Rich