1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charleston-Huntington, WV is market 100

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by JohnH, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Looks like they held that back a day so one market would make 100. :D

Now all they have to do is get the dishes up and installed.

JL

2. Tomsoundman

Tomsoundman Godfather/Supporter

Jun 17, 2002
    Yippee!

3. jeffwtux

jeffwtux Icon

Apr 27, 2002
    Yeah Thundering Herd!!!!

4. jeffwtux

jeffwtux Icon

Apr 27, 2002
    Is Traverse City going to be 101?

5. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Actually WSAZ NBC was turned on in the last hour or so. :)

6. Johnbelt

Johnbelt Guest

I called to order my Superdish and it'll be installed Dec.23.I was really surprised it would be so soon.Does anybody know the problem with WOWK-CBS that it's not being carried?

7. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    WOWK CBS 13 is now available. :)

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Savannah, GA will probably be #101.

JL

9. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
  10. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Did WSAZ NBC-3 and WOWK CBS-13 at the last minute get retrans agreements with Dish Network after not being able to figure out a solution when seeing that their channels did not go up and the others did?

11. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that the WSAZ deal was part of a larger deal with Emmis. WSAZ made it on Dish last Thursday. On Friday the Fox affiliates (Emmis stations) in Tallahassee, Ft. Myers and Hololulu as well as the WB in Tallahassee all went on line. The only Emmis station not available to subscribers is now the Orlando WB.

The deal with the Charleston CBS affiliate (I think) was technical and not a retransmission agreement issue.

See ya
    Tony

12. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    WOWK is locally owned, not by a chain. This is their first (and only) deal. They wanted a lot of unusal things, including extrateritoritality, which they couldn't even be given by law. The gave in when DISH launched w/o them.

WSAZ is the big money in this market. It gets a news rating that is DOUBLE the other two COMBINED. WOWK is totally clueless, and Fox/ABC are jointly (and illegally) owned by Sinclair, which is the worst chain going.

13. Johnbelt

Johnbelt Guest

Has anybody been able to see the Charleston locals?I had a Super Dish scheduled for Dec.23 but the installer called and canceled until Mar.18.What's the use of launching locals nobody can get?

14. Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Your in the same boat as most of us current subs in 105 and 121 markets, their is a shortage of SuperDish's and new subs are getting first priority. This stinks but I understand the rationale, most of us current subs have went this long without having locals on satellite and E* knows most of us will wait it out rather then switching to cable, E* needs the locals to entice more cable subs to switch to E* and to in order to do so they need to be able to provide the SuperDish as part of the original instillation.

15. Johnbelt

Johnbelt Guest

The only reason I have satellite is I can't get cable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.