1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlie sent letters about price increase....

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by JohnH, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Got 2 of them(2 accounts). Explained the increase amounts on the packages I have. PPV movie coupon(s) also. :)

2. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    How many PPV coupons?

3. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Did the letter include any clipart of pigs? :D

4. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Well, each letter said one, but the machine must have had a spasm as there was 2 in one of the envelopes and one in the other. :lol: :money:

5. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    PPV coupon...COOL ;)

6. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    No, but there was a Value Paks brochure with 101 local markets listed on the back. :)

7. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    That's a better letter than I got from DISH two days ago. I got a notification from DISH that my locals were available in Sherman/ADA. The letter notified me I could receive CH 10,12 from my DMA and FOX 4 and ABC 8 from Dallas with no mention of qualifying for Dallas. I was already subscribing to 10,12 but couldn't qualify for Dallas for me the kicker was the letter was signed by Soraya Cartwright Executive Vice Pres. who is no longer with DISH Network.

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    That would be an interesting title ...
    Wonder if she has business cards? :lol:

That is the trouble with coding employees into the system. One does not expect to lose an exec-VP, but one does have to plan for it.

JL

9. sampatterson

sampatterson Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Yep, I got the letter also, telling me that my Everything pack was going up $3, and my Dish Latino was going up $3.00. So how does one use the PPV coupon with Credit Card Autopay... duh!!!! I want the "free PPV coupon autocredit".

A nearly 6% rate increase, oink oink satellite. Shame on you charlie. I have had to feed the satellite pig the last two years in a row. ;)

$6 bucks

10. cpdretired

cpdretired AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 25, 2003
    For auto pay you fill in the name of the movie that you bought. Also your personal info. and account number. The coupon is mailed to the address printed on the coupon. They will deduct $3.99 from your next auto pay.

11. Inaba

Inaba Legend

Jun 20, 2003
    Does that affect the AT50 package as well? What if you signed up for a year service at a certain price... do they increase it? If so, that would seem to invalidate the contract you signed and you can stop service all together, yes?

12. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Each letter is personalized. It only has info about your specific packages. Check yours when it comes.

AT 50 does have a no price increase in effect until 2005.

13. bar1203

bar1203 Mentor

Jan 4, 2004

the at 50/60 will have no increase. also, if you pay annually you are locked into that price until its time to renew.

14. JimO

JimO Cool Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Chucky used the waiver of the PVR on the everything package for justifying the $3:00 increase when most other packages only bumped a buck. First they talk you into the everything package along with auto pay to avoid the PRV fee then they take back 60% of the savings. Shame on you Chucky, your getting greedy with your highest paying customers...

15. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    What with Turner and Viacom apparently wanting substantial increases either by more money and/or new channels being placed in AT50/60, Charlie probably should raise the price of AT50/60 but he can't because of the freeze. So, us higher package users get what may be a bit more of an increase than expected.

I have no doubt that programming costs are increasing.

16. Matt Stevens

Matt Stevens AllStar

Jul 30, 2003
    Do the coupons cover HD-PPV? I will never spent a penny on SD PPV.

17. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I would call and ask, the coupon doesn't say anything about using it for HD-PPV. I would think it would work, the coupon value is $3.99, you would have to pay the difference.

18. DISHjanitor

DISHjanitor AllStar

Jul 16, 2003
    I also got the letter, already threw it out, but he (Charlie) said there would be a $3.00 increase to $25 to my DISH Latino package, then "bragged" about adding several channels in the past year. Then he said they're going to add a HITN channel (like i care) plus other new channels by February. Don't mind the $3.00 increase, so long as that new channel added by February is ESPN Deportes.

19. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It's a shame your letter is gone. It may have explained the channels recently appearing in the upper 800's. BTW: Most get HITN for free on 9401.

JL

20. wcswett

wcswett Godfather

Jan 7, 2003
    Here's what the coupon says:

"FREE PAY-PER-VIEW MOVIE COUPON
    Pay to the order of DISH Network THREE DOLLARS and 99/100 CENTS

Courtesy of DISH Network(tm), this movie coupon entitles you to a $3.99 DISH On Demand(tm) Pay-Per-View movie for FREE! Go to Channels 502-539 on your on-screen guide to find the best Hollywood movies available for the first time on TV. Watch Channel 500 for movie previews.

You may redeem this coupon, worth $3.99, when a Pay-Per-View movie purchase appears on your customer statement. Simply read and follow the instructions on the back of this coupon.

Order DISH On Demand(tm) Pay-Per-View tonight!
    Coupon must be redeemed by 5/31/04."

I interpret this coupon to mean that you get a free $3.99 PPV movie and nothing else. I gave mine to my sister, who still watches SD channels and occasionally orders PPV movies.

--- WCS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.