1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chattanooga HD Locals are on!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by kascls, Aug 27, 2008.

1. kascls

kascls New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    As of 6:00 am

2. Jestr40

Jestr40 Godfather

Jul 22, 2007
    So is Augusta, GA (except NBC)!

3. Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000 Godfather

Mar 26, 2008
    Holy crap they are! Finally. I can confirm it as working too.
    3 - WRCB - NBC
    9 - WTVC - ABC
    12 - WDEF - CBS
    53 - WFLI - CW *****EDIT*** SD ONLY
    61 - WDSI - FOX
    All have a HD feed now. No 18-GPB or 45-PBS though.

4. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    What the heck??!?! Chattanooga has an HD feed of their CW affiliate and Nashville still doesn't? :confused:

5. miller24

miller24 Legend

Jun 25, 2007
    At least you have hd locals!

6. leww37334

leww37334 Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2005
    OK it is now official.

Every DMA surrounding the Huntsville DMA has HD locals. Nashville to the north, Memphis to the west, Birmingham to the south and now Chattanooga to the east.

7. ItsJustTroy

ItsJustTroy New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Hi, everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster! I was waiting on HD locals for Chattanooga to speak up. :)

NBC and ABC looked great this morning, but CBS and FOX weren't showing HD content. So I'll have to wait until later to check out the PQ.

The DirecTV website doesn't show WFLI in HD, but there were two listings for channel 53 in my guide this morning. So do we really have WFLI in HD or not?

8. MalibuRacing

MalibuRacing Legend

Mar 2, 2007
    Yep. :mad:

9. rebkell

rebkell Godfather

Sep 9, 2006
    Ok, question about programming, I have the premeire w/no locals, is it just simply a matter of changing my pkg to premiere w/locals. I went on the web site and started to do it, but then a big Warning popped up informing me something about losing my Starz,HBO,Cinemax and Showtime channels, so I backed out. I really and truly hate the Directv site, I'm always guessing at what I'm doing and if I'm going to do something I don't want to do.

10. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    If one of them is the station call letters, that one is HD. The other will be a city name abbreviation plus the station channel number. That will be the SD version.

11. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    To get the HD locals, you need to subscribe to local channels and the HD Package.

12. rebkell

rebkell Godfather

Sep 9, 2006
    I've already done it, but there is no Add Locals, you have to choose the package you want with locals. I have the premiere with w/HD Access, but there is no simple Add Locals selection, you have to include them with the package. I've never liked the site, and doubt I ever will. It's just not friendly to me, but that's of course just my opinion.

13. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    Go to the site below and enter your zip code:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/localChannels.jsp?assetId=900018

14. rebkell

rebkell Godfather

Sep 9, 2006
    I see it now, but to me it proves my point, I would expect to be able to add locals simply and in one click, I would also expect to find it under the section My Account, the location of the locals is in what I consider the generic Programming packages section. They are added and everything seems to be ok, I don't see the local PBS station, evidently they aren't carrying the HD version of it, but I don't see it in my guide. I'm pretty disappointed that 'The CW' isn't in HD :(

But, let's not carry this any further, it's just distracting from the good stuff, like Chattanooga has local HD channels :)

15. LittleKing

LittleKing New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I've had DTV for since 2005 in Chattanooga and have been using an antenna that worked most of the time because I didn't want to buy an expensive one and keep waiting for HD locals through DTV. I'm very excited about this, even if CW isn't in HD yet, I'm still quite happy for the other channels.

Even if the HD PQ is not the best it has to be better than the SD PQ on my TV. That was painful to watch.

LK

16. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    Rebkell, it appears you have Total Choice Premier-no locals, not Premier-no locals. Total Choice Premier is an expired package, therefore you cannot change it to Total Choice Premier with locals. You would have to add the local channels on ala carte. The only way to do that is by calling DirecTV.

When you do call in, make very sure you get the local channels added on at $3.00 a month, not $6.00 a month. Since locals were only $3.00 a month extra when Total Choice packages (Total Choice, Total Choice Extra and Total Choice Premier) were the active packages, the locals are still only $3.00 to add.

17. ItsJustTroy

ItsJustTroy New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    In Chattanooga, we have the station call letters in the guide for the SD channels, too.

18. rebkell

rebkell Godfather

Sep 9, 2006
    I hope I didn't screw up, but I changed to the Premier with Locals and the price only increased $3.00, so I'm hoping that that I didn't knock myself out of anything, I can't tell that I did, looking at my guide and such.

19. ki4cgs

ki4cgs AllStar

Mar 9, 2004
    I just called into Directv and got two free HD DVR receivers with free professional installation. Looks like I'll be enjoying Chattanooga locals in HD and all the other HD channels on Friday! :)

20. Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000 Godfather

Mar 26, 2008
    On my HR20, the HD listing is the one above the SD. No idea if they will ever show any HD shows or not. Doubt you'll see That 70's Show reruns in HD. Maybe the new seasons of Reaper or Smallville.

Easy idea: go into the system menu, under either the display or HDTV option (depending on model) and select Hide SD Duplicates.

The top guide listing of CW *edit*is supposed to be*/edit* the HD. I think they may just be too cheap for HD programming. And yes it is a very very good thing that the HD locals are finally here. :D Channel 45 is supposed to be coming. Just a matter of playing the waiting game on it, I know GPB will probably be first though.

PM me on how the install goes. I'm trying to keep an eye on these things here in Chattaboogie. If its a brand new install you may actually get a SWMLine LNB (don't get your hopes up though).