1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Chicago Cubs May Leave WGN Broadcasting after 2014

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Msguy, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
  2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I can certainly understand & see where the Cubs are coming from.

3. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    The Cubs and WGN go together like PB and J from a fans stand point. Growinng up as a Cubs fan, WGN is where the Cubs were. Right along side Harry Caray and the seventh inning stretch. It sucks but there isn't much that can be done. In all reality I don't think many people will care/notice. Now, if Chicagoans didn't have CSN then yea. Huge issue. Just a different channel to switch to. Announcers on the other hand are a different story. Being in the military means I've had to get my Cubs fix from various PPV packages over the years and one of the best things about watching the Cubs were the announcers. I hated to see Bob Brenly leave. He and Len have been a great duo over the years and I'll miss him. Thankfully Len is staying.

4. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    The line where they state that they've explored forming their own network is interesting....

5. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I agree...and also found it interesting this story was written by WGN TV and was fairly harsh about the miserly Ricketts family.

Unusual to see a confrontational article from one side of the future negotiations.

All I want is for the Cubs / MLB / DirecTV to sort out the stupid WCIU situation.

Here in Indianapolis, the Cubs are a "home" team, but we can't get the WCIU games at all. Absurd....