1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Choice to Download HD or SD in On-Demand

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by JeffHobbs, Dec 30, 2012.

1. JeffHobbs

JeffHobbs New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Hi,

The hard drive on my previous hopper crashed. So I had to have a replacement unit sent. On my old Hopper I'm almost positive that when I'd go to On Demand, I'd have the option to download either a HD _or_ SD version of my download. With my new Hopper, I only see an option to download the HD version. My internet connection is slow and HD content seems to take a long time to download. When I go into the "Rental" folder, I can hit the "watch" button, but nothing happens. The video doesn't start or anything. So my guess is that it's because the download is still taking time. But I'd prefer to download the SD version of the show anyhow as I'm sure it would download much faster.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    have you waited 24-48 hours for the firmware to settle? :)

3. JeffHobbs

JeffHobbs New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    No. Is that something I seriously need to do? Sadly, it wouldn't totally surprise me if you were serious.

But is this a real thing?

4. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    Yes, new installs and some updates. Guide info, VOD, etc in particular. I remember this in the 922 installs, before... not so sure.

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Dead serious. There's something about the advanced receivers (922 and Hopper) that need about 24 hours or so to settle in. Finishing firmware downloads from the satellite, whatever.