1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choice Ultimate + HD + DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by MountainMan10, Feb 23, 2010.

1. MountainMan10

MountainMan10 Icon

Jan 30, 2008
    I have lifetime DVR. So no charge for my DVR service.

In the past when I have made any change to my programming or pretty much even talked to a CSR they have "Upgraded" my package from Choice Xtra to Choice Xtra + HD + DVR in order to "Save" me money. This change of course is a $3 per month increase. This has been discussed at length in a different thread. When this happens it is a royal pain to get it fixed. The good part is it usually involves a few extra credits for the hassle.

My question is this. I am considering upgrading to Choice Ultimate. But I do not want to get bumped into Choice Ultimate + HD + DVR and end up paying for my DVR service.

The website no longer shows an HD + DVR option. Does this mean that it no longer exists? Or will I be automatically be forced into a hidden package in order to "save" money?

Has anyone with Lifetime DVR tried changing their package since the new pricing?

2. canesice

canesice AllStar

Jul 10, 2009
    I switched to choice ultimate from premium. I was told by the CSR that none of the current packages include HD or DVR, and those are now both stanadalone options..

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I haven't changed anything on my account since the new pricing went into effect, but since they no longer have those combined packages, I would think the issue is over and you should be good to go.

4. Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    It is my impression that if you have the Choice XTra + HD + DVR package you can keep it but if you change in any direction you will be charged the DVR and HD fee.