1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choice Ultimate NFL Sunday Ticket

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mkdtv21, May 12, 2011.

1. mkdtv21

mkdtv21 Legend

May 27, 2007
    I was just browsing the Directv website and noticed it says that NFL Sunday Ticket is included with Choice Ultimate. I assume it is just for new customers but it isn't being specific about that and it just says included. I'm sure this is old news but I would like to make sure that it is for new customers only.

2. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    The new customer deal usually involves Premier. Link to where you saw this?

3. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    maybe they meant to say Red zone.

4. mkdtv21

mkdtv21 Legend

May 27, 2007
  5. mkdtv21

mkdtv21 Legend

May 27, 2007
    In case the link didn't work I uploaded a picture.
    Sorry I posted twice.

Attached Files:

6. Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    Offer started today. Yes, NFL ST with Choice Ultimate

7. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    Is there any way in heck an existing customer could get that offer?

8. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    That's an excellent promo, for new subscribers. This year not having to get Premier, getting a discount on the package, free HD and free NFL ST (if we have an NFL season). Unfortunately, its going to start the "I wonder if I can switch to Choice Ultimate and get the NFL ST Promo" posts.

9. Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    +1

You know, I don't know about you, but every year when I see these promos -- and they seem to get sweeter year after year -- I feel cheated as a customer who's already fulfilled his contract.

A person who hasn't even proved they've got the creditworthiness, much less any customer loyalty, gets all that and more. I, and millions of loyal customers like me who have satisfied their contracts and pay their bills faithfully month after month:

• Am told I can't upgrade to whole-home DVR without spending $400 to upgrade equipment AND lock in for another two years.
    • Have to plead with three or four reps to give me a $10 credit for 3 months in my overall bill.
    • Am told that if I want a sports package like Sunday Ticket I'll have to pay 30 dollars more and up each month for four or five months at least.
    So I call DirecTV, and as politely as I can dance with them over the phone to try to ask them to be fair. And am invariably told that if I don't like it, I can cancel at any time. And it just gets me angrier, over and over. :mad:

10. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    Im still debating the purchase of NFL Ticket for the new season (if there is one) and stuff like this pisses me off. I shouldnt have to beg for deals.

11. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I hate to sound like a Company Umbudsman - white collar for fanboy - but...

Every subscriber who has ever joined D* "got a deal".

Sometimes, deals are better than others, but...

If you have been following this board for the past few years, reading others' experiences, you have been afforded the chance to call D*, threaten to cancel, and be offered discounts new subscribers would have no clue are available.

All in all, from reading this board, I've saved more money ( getting discounts on EI, CI, ST, HD Extra Pack, etc ), than the value of getting ST for one year free.

I don't want this comment to reignite the "Oh, you call and beg and game the system" argument, but dealing with D* is no different than buying a car. There is money on the table and it's up to you to get it. Or decide that it's beneath you to ask for it.

12. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    exactly cmasia.

when I joined 11 years ago I got 2 free DVR's a couple free receivers, a discount on my package for a year and $300 (IIRC) in free Blockbuster rentals for the next year.

I don't expect them to keep giving me free deals every couple of years.

13. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    I think thats the new customer offer

14. camo

camo Godfather

Apr 15, 2010
    I got ST last year and was disappointed. With only 2 time slots to watch football there is no real advantage other than choice of which 2 games. One of the two slots is already taken with the team I follow anyways. So it was really a waste of money for 1 extra game choice. Most of the national match-ups of interest get broadcast anyway.
    Now offer me Red zone this year by itself like Dish gets and I would jump all over it.
    MLB EI is a different story with baseball day 7 days a week and it's well worth the package cost.

15. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    You just sit there and passively watch one game in each time slot?????

16. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Depends on how you look at it. I subscribe to both NFL ST and MLB EI. Like you I follow my favorite team (in my case it's the Giants). What other game/games I choose to watch is my "decision" and not some network manager's. Should any of those other games turn out to be postponed or dull you have the freedom of going to what other game you choose. And least we forget the 30 minute recaps of all the games that are broadcast the next few days after every Sunday on NFL ST. You don't get that anywhere else.

17. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Hello....1954 calling.

18. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    I get your point. I like having choices, having NFLST doesnt impact me watching the Patriots but I hate just getting the one game FOX or CBS decides to send us when it's not the Patriots. I'll probably renew when it comes down to it but I'm not about to assume that I am automatically going to get a discount.

19. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Of course it's going to be a waste if you sit there and watch 1 game in each time slot.

20. camo

camo Godfather

Apr 15, 2010
    I watch Red zone mainly when my primary game of interest is not on. Paying for ST so I can get Red Zone will never happen again. I just think the way NFL games are set up in just two time slots on a single day, ST is way over priced.