1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Choice XTRA Free Preview OCT 2nd -8th Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by robmadden1, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Oct 3, 2012 #1 of 11
    robmadden1

robmadden1 Legend

Nov 2, 2008
    Have boomerang and the other channels taken away from Choice EXTRA been added back? I am getting them with the free preview and I have the newer Choice Extra and not the classic version.

2. Oct 3, 2012 #2 of 11
    jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
  3. Oct 3, 2012 #3 of 11
    robmadden1

robmadden1 Legend

Nov 2, 2008
    I know that but they are allowing access to the channel with the Choice XTRA free preview this week. This will make it seem you can get it if you dont subscribe to Choice XTRA already. They may havr added it back to Choice XTRA and moved it back down fron ultimate is all I am saying it seems like.

4. Oct 3, 2012 #4 of 11
    jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    You could call them and ask.
    Lots of times what is written on a website is out of date.

5. Oct 3, 2012 #5 of 11
    Joe Spears

Joe Spears Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 24, 2010
    It appears there giving a free preview of the old Choice Xtra Classic (now grandfathered) might have been an authorization mistake. Because I am getting the following channels and currently have Choice Xtra (non-granfathered):
    Boomerang
    Chiller
    NHL Network
    Sprout
    Style
    Tennis Channel

6. Oct 3, 2012 #6 of 11
    HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    It's nice they are giving away the extra channels but it's a pretty crappy mistake and I'm sure will create a nuisance with CSRs.

"Hi, I'd like to upgrade to Choice Xtra."

"OK. Are the channels showing up on your screen?"

"No. I'm on NHL Network and it still says not authorized."

"You need Choice Ultimate for NHL Network."

"I had it during the Choice Xtra Free Preview."

etc.

7. Oct 4, 2012 #7 of 11
    jimstick

jimstick AllStar

Feb 5, 2007
    I was on the grandfathered Choice Xtra Classic package and was receiving those channels, but last week, I ordered Showtime for the new season of Dexter, and was told I had to change to the new Choice Xtra package to get Showtime, and now I don't get those channels anymore. I think I have been duped.

8. Oct 4, 2012 #8 of 11
    Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    You should not have been forced to change. If you call back with in 30 days you can get your old one back. You only have to change if you want to make changes on the website.

9. Oct 6, 2012 #9 of 11
    Sylardx

Sylardx New Member

May 27, 2012
    I am also getting channels like Boomerang and the NHL Network that I do not normally get as part of the Choice XTRA, which I already have.

Does Directv realize they are showing the old Choice Xtra package?

10. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    They shouldnt have done that!!!!!!! -- THEY CANT TAKE YOU OFF WHAT YOU HAD BEFORE IT WAS DISCOTINUED!!!

You should call them back and explain you have been a loyal DTV fan for many years and you dont feel like your being treated as such and you want your old package back!!

Good luck -- DONT JUST SIT THERE,TAKE ACTION :)

11. Joe Spears

Joe Spears Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 24, 2010
    Wow Dude111 you seem to bump a ton of past threads...

I noticed I am still able to download content from Boomerang On Demand after this free trial, anyway else with Choice Xtra (non-granfathered) able to also?