1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Choices For Computer Viewing Of Slingbox And/Or DISH Sling Adapter

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Jim148, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    I have both a Sling Box and the Sling Adapter connected to my DISH722k. Moist of the time I listen and/or watch via my Android devices. Once in a while I am at a personal computer that is not mine, but I am allowed to use it. However, I have absolutely NO administrator privileges. So, when I try to connect via Slingbox or DISH Anywhere websites, it wants to download software, which I can't do. I do seem to recall that it is possible to watch through the Facebook website. Again, I am restricted from that sites. Does anybody happen to know of any other ways to view it on a computer this way? Normally, I would consider attaching a USB jump drive with software, but that is also not an option, so any other helpful suggested would be appreciated.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Both devices require some form of installed software so you're effectively shut out.