1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

choppy picture

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Marcuse1, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcuse1

Marcuse1 Cool Member

Sep 27, 2006
    I get choppy picture with loss of audio quite frequently on local HD and all of the "new" HD stations.

However the HD on channels 70-79 are rock solid, as are all standard definition channels.

Does this mean something? All my sat signals seem adequate when I test them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Not sure what SAT your HD locals are on (103a or 99b) but what are your transponder signals on those?

Also what is your transponder signals on SAT 103b?

Do you have a multi-switch? If so what one?

3. jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    If you got a free install, the technician didn't tweak the dish. It's essential to get the highest possible signal, which can be done to the 90's range for all 5 satellites, if done correctly. I would have DirecTV come back and tweak it (do the job right).

4. Marcuse1

Marcuse1 Cool Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Transponder signals on 103b are in the 70s, so I guess that may be part of the problem.

5. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Yea, I would have DirecTV send out a tech to realign your dish. They should at least be in the mid 80's or higher. I would try to get the tech to get them in the 90's though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.