1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Chromecast

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by johnchart, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnchart

johnchart Legend

Sep 17, 2006
    Any one used the new Google Chromecast yet? If so, how do you like it? Ordered one on Amazon but they were sold out & said will take 3/4 weeks to deliver. Hoping it is as good as all the buzz going on.

John

2. D_V_D

D_V_D New Member

Jul 31, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Yup I picked one up while on vacation.

Was using a Hotel's internet so I couldn't set it up till I created a hotspot to by-pass the hotel login requirements.

Once I got it working Youtube worked great but Chrome browser had some lag especially when playing flash games from Facebook. I think it would be fine for basic web browsing but nothing more at this time.

I'm hoping HBO Go comes out soon.

So far I have connected Apple phones, Android phones/tablets and Win 7 laptop all without issues.

3. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    The quick sellout made Apple blink; they dropped the price of refurbed AppleTVs to $75 today. Somehow I don't see that stopping the bleeding. Expect 3 or 4 Chromecast knockoffs in the near future.

What I wish it would do is let me use my HDTV as a second computer screen. Not really a goal, probably.

4. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.