1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Chuck Vs. The Push Mix": OAD 1/31/11 SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by bobukcat, Feb 1, 2011.

1. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    I absolutely LOVED last night's Chuck episode - the way Chuck beat Volkov using Orion's technology and playing on Volkov's obsession with Frost was pleasing to me - he didn't even have to rely on the intersect or his partners (although they helped of course). Jeffster showing up at big moments may be getting a little old but I still laughed pretty heartily at it. I find it interesting that this mid-season "finale" was really made possible by the fact that the show was only signed up for a 13 episode season but when the additional 11 were ordered they just decided to do two different story arcs - not the fist time they have done so on this show! I like it because instead of dragging a story line out (nobody would want to see Casey in a hospital bed more than one week IMO) we get to see an additional "short story" carried out in the same season, and probably an additional high-quality "finale".

Was I the only one who thought the person polishing the floors at the end was going to end up being a bad guy and ruin the proposal? Anyone upset they didn't get to really hear the proposal? I thought it was a nice touch and a great way to end the episode.

I wonder if brunette Sarah will make any further appearances or if she'll be back to full-time blonde. I like both as long as she keeps kicking butt and loving Chuck!

On a side note, does anyone else notice that Chuck almost never flashes anymore??

Next week we get the return of Roan Montgomery (John Larroquette)!!

2. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I liked the line in the preview for next week: "We need a bad guy" :)

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I agree. I thought it was an awesome episode! Had everything you could want in one episode. I was totally surprised to hear "scenes from next week's Chuck". I thought it was a finale episode.

I have to admit I never even noticed the floor buffer. I was so focused on the proposal moment. And I liked that we did not hear it. I don't think he said anything. It looked like he just got down on his knees and opened the box. It worked for me. The whole thing was a "no words needed" moment. And a perfect one at that!

4. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I kept waiting for the guy with the floor buffer to do something - like he would be the set up for the next bad guy.

Anyway, I actually watched the last 2 episodes back-to-back and thoroughly enjoyed them.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It made a great series finale ... and you can't keep putting off the inevitable. Too many delays in the proposal and people get sick of it.

We didn't need to hear the proposal ... and the idea of despite all the chaos they still get together was good. I could have used less of Jeffster ... but I suppose they are the comedy relief for those that don't get the real jokes.

And the best part: More episodes. Let's see what they come up with next.

He doesn't need to as much ... he's a real spy - educated and trained. The intersect just helps fill the plot holes where in other series we'd say "how did he know that". Although how the intersect did not know The Contessa was a ship ...

Yep ... back to old school Chuck - hopefully less relationship tension, less broken intercept problems and more spy vs spy.

6. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    :biggthump

I'm with you on this one all the way - let's get back to Team Bartowski kicking some bad guys' butts! :kickbutt:

Hopefully they don't kill us with a bunch of drama about setting the wedding date, etc. Then again the writers on that show do a pretty good job of working humor into those situations so even that shouldn't be too burdensome.

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    In some ways I hope they don't touch the wedding at all. I suppose that is the next step.

8. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    My guess is that the wedding will happen on the series finale (if the writers get advance notice that the show is done).

9. MikeS.

MikeS. AllStar

Dec 3, 2010
    Is it the consenses that the series will end this year? I hope not.