1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CIG and the One(s) I should Not Get

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Spanky_Partain, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    I cannot seem to locate an open thread to report this as an issue.

With my package, I am seeing 2 HBO channels that I do not subscribe to and the system is set to CIG.

MODS
    Please feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread if there is one open.

EDIT
    Channels 502 and 509 are the channels that should not show up when CIG is selected.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. dtvmike1652

dtvmike1652 AllStar

Jun 14, 2010
    You do not subscribe to HBO at all? Are you able to view the programming? Do you see a charge for HBO on your bill?

3. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Mark:

The last one I saw was the CIG #3 thread (and poll) - which is now locked.

I have seen similar anomalies and reported them as found. In one case, I had Showtime (correctly) show up fine in the guide of my HR24-100, H24-100, and H21-100, but NOT in my HR21-200...yet in going to the "transparent channels" in the guide...I could select the active channel on the HR21.

In still other cases..I have seen HBO or TMC channels show up in the guide, when I don't subscribe to them...and in selecting them from the guide where they showed...I go the correct "you need to call to subscribe..." error message.

The only remaining CIG errors that I see surround the Premium movie channels at this time.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    If he had the package, he'd be seeing a lot more channels, and it's not a free preview weekend that I know of. To the OP: what package do you have? Someone else with the same one can check to see if they see them as well.

5. Spanky_Partain

Dec 7, 2006
    The only movie channels I should receive are the Starz serries, not HBO.

This looks like what use to happen with the a Showtime channel and having HD package, but that one got fixed in round #3 of the CIG bugs. Not sure exaction when the HBO ones started showing up.

When the channel is selected, it displays "Channel not purchased! (721)"...blah, blah, blah.

6. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    I have this problem with Channels Staz in Black HD,Starz Cinema HD,Encore HD East,Showtime Beyond HD,Showtime Next HD,Showtime Women HD and TMC Xtra HD East. Have HD package with only HBO Package but when I set Guide to "Channels I Get" the above Channels appear on the Guide but don't receive them.

7. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Likewise...that is the bunch of newer HD Premium Channels they just launched recently...so a likely carryover of that startup when they had to "turn them on" for everyone one day to address hiccups in the activation that day.

8. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    That's funny, I use a custom guide and everytime I restart the receivers I lose 502 & 509. I have to go back and manually put them back in. I really think this is just an issue due to adding new channels, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

9. dtvmike1652

dtvmike1652 AllStar

Jun 14, 2010
    Yes I know that he would see more channels unless something in the favorites had been changed and these were the only 2 on that favorites list. They could have also been put on there where they are in HD. I have heard of when Directv added the new channels some were missing in the guide so if this is due to that it's the first I've heard of some being added into the guide.

10. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    I too have those 2 HBO channels showing up in my guide (guide is set to CIG). I also have 550, 551, 552 and 556 showing up. Those are the new Showtime and Movie Channel HD channels that were added this summer.

Before the latest round of HD channel additions, they had my CIG looking really good. Now I'm getting these 6 new channel additions showing up that I don't subscribe to.

11. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Yep! DirecTV put a lot of effort into the CIG issues, but after they added channels during the first and second Festivus(es), we've got quite a few mistakes again...

However, the issue is not just for the Premium channels, I believe the issue exists with ALL the new channels... we just haven't heard the same amount of complaining due to the amount of people who accurately receive them...

BTW... is EncoreHD still open to everyone or have they finally corrected the authorization issues?!

~Alan

12. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    I've had EncoreHD come and go in the last several weeks -- for the most part it's gone. I don't subscribe to any premium movie channels.

13. kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    It was pretty good till the last round of HD additions. All the new HD premium channels that were added recently need to be addressed. Let's hope D* will revisit this again.

14. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think it's fair to say that things have really improved with CIG. Now, I know there's been a little bit of backsliding lately but I think it's fair to wait a little while longer before bringing out the same sledgehammer that worked so well in the last round.

15. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Agreed....alot of good CIG cleanup has been done.

The few stragglers can be addressed as we go forward.

16. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    TFTwHD needs to be fixed as well...

17. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    You can discuss what's missing but that this point DIRECTV isn't monitoring this thread. Just a heads up.

18. Spanky_Partain

Dec 7, 2006
    That is OK. I put it in a ISSUES thread and will let them do what they want to with it. It is more of an FYI for them. It does not affect my TV viewing one bit. :)

19. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    That's too bad... They seemingly put a lot of effort into listening & cleaning up CIG issues recently; I'm not really sure why they'd want to go through that again (a little work on the front end when the new channels were added would have gone a long way...)

20. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Just thought I'd bring this thread up - I just noticed this past week that ALL of my CIG errors are now corrected. (even TFTwHD & all the Sonic Taps in both the 800's & 9500's are now correct)

Now, if it can just stay corrected now... :)