1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cincinnati Area/FSN

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by akw4572, Apr 20, 2012.

1. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    Anyone know, if my local regional FSN (FSN Cincinnati) is broadcasting the game in HD, does Dish always carry the HD signal?

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Dish doesn't always carry any particular channel.

Potentially all of the RSNs (which are part-time HD feeds) are subject to be on or off at any given time.

IF too many HD games are on at the same time, then Dish has to drop (not carry) some of them... so it is a crap-shoot from one game to the next really.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Which game? If you are referring to the Red/Cubs, that game is over already.

4. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    No, I am thinking of switching to Dish and was just asking a general question. If the Reds games aren't in HD, when broadcast in HD, I will not make the switch.

5. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I don't think you can say "always" about any specific RSN feed with Dish.

It might mostly work, though... but you'd have to hear from someone living in your area also with Dish to be sure.

I know I typically find all the college games I'm supposed to get either on the main channel or an HD ALT feed. I honestly haven't checked as much for pro sports because it is less of an issue for me. NFL doesn't matter for the RSNs... NBA mostly doesn't matter because out Charlotte Bobcats are pretty much historically bad right now... and we don't have an MLB team. I live in Raleigh, so if I wanted to watch Hockey that usually takes care of itself too since that's where the Hurricanes are based.

Every market seems to have its own quirks, though, and hard to guess about which HD games you might miss.

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Yes, there are a lot of Reds are in HD on Dish, would count on some that aren't. Dish's rsn's are not full time, not all games but people are hopeful.

7. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    If that's your number one thing, having every game in HD, over whatever reason you wanted to get Dish, I would not switch. Most will be but not all.

8. TubaSaxT

TubaSaxT Mentor

Jul 15, 2006
    In St. Louis, I haven't run into a Cardinals or Blues game that wasn't in HD on FSMW since last summer at least. That's not to say it didn't happen, but now it's definitely rare here.

Two years ago, that was a different story. We probably only got half the games in HD.

9. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    Thanks for the feedback.......I appreciate it. I think I'll hold off. I've got direct, but I like the look of the Hopper setup, and I'm out of contract. But, having the Reds in HD is a big deal to me (that and Fox Soccer in HD, which Dish has), so I'll hold off.

10. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    Anyone in the Cincinnati area that has Dish Network, can you tell me how many games for the Reds are in HD? I'm getting conflicting reports. I'm thinking of switching over from Direct, but if the Reds are not in HD the majority of the time, that might hold me back. I tried in another thread just titled "regional FSN", and didn't get any replies from Cincinnati area people, so I'll try this thread title.

11. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Threads merged. Please don't start multiple threads for the same topic, it just splinters the conversation and makes it harder for good answers to be found.

12. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    I'm sorry, I thought with the new thread title (being Cincinnati specific), I might bet a better idea.

13. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    That's ok... in the future, just PM a moderator and ask them to rename your thread since you had started both, a rename would be better than a duplicate thread.

Now, back to (hopefully) an answer to the topic.