1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Cinema connection kit question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by sportflyer, Jun 14, 2014.

1. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
    Can a Cinema Connection kit allow me to view all the channels I get from DirecTV on my Windows Tablet ?

Tks

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    No, a CCK only connects the DECA Cloud to the internet - either wired or wireless (WCCK).

You may be thinking about GenieGo . It allows you to transcode and copy programs to your Windows Tablet (non RT)

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    But by connecting the DVR to the internet either by CCK or ethernet, you can get lots of channels streamed at home, although I believe Windows Tablets (Windows Tiles OS) is not supported.

4. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    DirecTV doesn't have any apps for Windows tablets. They support iPads, Android tablets and Kindle Fire

5. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    But I would assume you can stream via the .com site using the Windows RT (8.1) on a surface Pro....

6. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
    I thought that by installing Cinema Connection kit I was able to stream from my DirecTV receiver to the tablet via the home network. But apparently not. Thanks for the answers.

7. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    you can do the same by connecting the Genie. only the Genie has the ability to act as a CCK

8. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    You're probably thinking of the GenieGo.(formerly known as the Nomad). See here for First Look thread and review.