1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

cinema kit

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jeremyd30, Dec 17, 2012.

1. jeremyd30

jeremyd30 New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    i have had my cinema kit installed for a months now but I had to buy a new router how do I reprogram the reciever with the new router info?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    It's been a while for me, but I reset both the WCCK and the receiver's network defaults.
    The WCCK has a factory reset button on the side with the connectors at the top.

3. jeremyd30

jeremyd30 New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    ok i got it to restore the defaults and select my network but i am entering the correct secuirty key and it is telling me the key is wrong the same network and key worked on my phone and kindles wifi?

4. jeremyd30

jeremyd30 New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    is it becasue i have a wireless n router now? my old one was g

5. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    I am having the same problem getting my parents' wireless connection to work. Mine is wired so I've never had to deal with the D* wireless piece.

6. samrs

samrs MANC DBSTalk Club

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    there are some routers that dont play nice with the WCCK whats your make and model?

If your useing WEP for security with a phrase then you can go to WEPKEY.COM and there is a key generator that will convert your phrase to something the WCCK can use.

7. jeremyd30

jeremyd30 New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    d-link 2750b

im using wpa2 should i switch it to wep?