1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

cinemax missing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by JcT21, Jul 21, 2013.

1. JcT21

JcT21 Legend

Nov 29, 2004
    my neighbor told me they were able to add cinemax for a non-promotional price of 6.50. after logging in to their account, sure enough, there it is, cinemax for 6.50. i logged into my own account to add it and cinemax is nowhere to be found. its like it doesnt exist. since i recently added hbo i thought cinemax might have been added already since it wasnt listed for me to activate, but its not showing up on tv or my account. anyone know whats going on with the price change & why its not showing up in my account? never seen this before....

2. vbush

vbush AllStar

Aug 21, 2006
    Texas...
    It is showing $6.50 in mine and doesn't say promotional.

3. sswheeler

sswheeler Legend

Aug 27, 2008
    When you click to activate, it pops up and says half price for 3 months.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Perhaps time to call DirecTV and see if they have the offer for you.

5. JcT21

JcT21 Legend

Nov 29, 2004
    logged in using the directv app and cinemax still not there. while logged out, i can go to the cinemax section on directv webstie and go to activate it, when i login to activate it says im not eleigible for this service. why would that be? i called directv and the csr said she couldnt activate it on my account and couldnt figure out why. however as a test, she changed my package to the premier and it worked but that was the only way. she said it would be escalated. anyone had this happen? all the other services they offer show up just fine. i made a correction to my op. it is 6.50... sorry for the typo...

6. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    What programming package do you have? It is possible you may have a very basic packages that may not be eligible for Cinemax. Maybe something like family or entertainment? Just a WAG.

7. spartacvs

spartacvs Mentor

Dec 29, 2011
    Same here

8. JcT21

JcT21 Legend

Nov 29, 2004
    i have xtra with hbo & hd extra pack. i checked it again this morning, gonna try to take advantage of that special offer but its still not showing up. back last winter i had an issue where some of my subscribed channels were grayed out in the guide and not showing any programming. took them about a week to fix it. they said they had to "rebuild my account from the ground up" ... what in the world could have caused that? i was thinking whatever it was might have something to do with this cinemax issue.

9. JcT21

JcT21 Legend

Nov 29, 2004
    also, since i sub to HBO i thought that each additional premium i subscribe to would get cheaper. just noticed that starz & showtime are regular price and not a 2nd premium price. did directv change that or is the additional premium discount still offered?

10. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    also, since i sub to HBO i thought that each additional premium i subscribe to would get cheaper. just noticed that starz & showtime are regular price and not a 2nd premium price. did directv change that or is the additional premium discount still offered?

The price does go down for each additional premium. Only exception is HBO it will be full price and your existing premiums will decrease when adding HBO.

11. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Usually what has happened is you recently had a 2 for 1 offer that has not dropped off yet. Even after the promotion ends sometimes the 2 for 1 does not come back immediately. On their website, go to my equipment and to the bottom. Sometimes you can see some offers there that have not fallen off yet. Sometimes its specific for the premiums and others its just generic but you can tell its a promo. See mine attached.

Other.jpg

12. JcT21

JcT21 Legend

Nov 29, 2004
    you are prob right. i did take a cinemax 2 for 1 offer a few months ago and even though its ended, i looked & it still hasnt fallen off my account yet. thats most likely the problem. thank you for your help!

13. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Keep checking on it as it will drop off soon and the 2 for 1 can be added back.