1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Circuit City has HD-Tivo online

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mgusler, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgusler

mgusler Mentor

Aug 6, 2002
    Just happened to be checking the CC web site and noticed the HD directivo is available on-line. Went ahead and ordered one. Figured I would give a heads up to those like me waiting for them to become available. I'm pretty excited. Would be even more excited if I had the D* service running. Guess I'd better get on my horse...

2. SD493

SD493 Legend

Mar 10, 2003
    I went ahead and ordered this afternoon when I saw they were available. I've been on a waiting list with Value Electronics for a while and there is not
    much expectation of getting one anytime soon from them. It did cost me about $65 more (sales tax) but, hey, life is short.

3. eichenberg

eichenberg Legend

Apr 3, 2003
    and now it shows sold out!!! :(

4. zubinh

zubinh Mentor

Jun 10, 2004
    Does anyone know if the HDTivos purchased from circuit cty or best buy still require activation within 30 days?

thanks

5. SD493

SD493 Legend

Mar 10, 2003
    You still have to check agree to this requirement when you order.

6. Stevies3

Stevies3 Legend

Jul 22, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    The agreement form states they must be activated within 90 days.

7. ImmerTech

ImmerTech AllStar

Jul 19, 2004
    Fort Lauderdale
    And now it is back to "Available". Order while you can. I did.

So now I have one on order from American Sattelite and one from Circuit City. Any bets on which one arrives 1st? I figure there is still a chance that the Circuit City ones being available is a mistake.

I will update on Monday if it shows up... :)

- ImmerTech

8. Tim James

Tim James New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    I ordered from CC Yesterday with 2 day priority shipping and they tried to deliver it today while I was at work! I'm going to pick it up at the local FedEx office about an hour from now. I'll be up and running tomorrow! I can hardly await my first TIVO experence. :D

9. ImmerTech

ImmerTech AllStar

Jul 19, 2004
    Fort Lauderdale

Sweet!!! This gives me hope.

10. Just thought I'd let everyone know that CC.com STILL has well over a hundred DTV HR10250's!

They ARE still going fast, but we can satisfy at least some of the pent up demand.

The CitiAdvantage extended performance plan is on $65 for 3 years, and it covers power surge, wear and tear, and mechanical breakdown. A very good idea when you remember that this thing costs a thousand dollars, and has a 250Gb hard drive.

I have one myself, and it is great.

11. Ryan M

Ryan M Guest

for folks that are new D* subs, how did you go about getting system installed if you purchased through circuit city

12. COA

COA Cool Member

Jun 15, 2004

I am a Circuit City Installer. In order to set up installation, you will need to call their service center. It is toll free and the service center schedules all appointments nationwide. 1-888-333-2333. The earliest they will schedule you is 2 days from when you call in, but you call call in 7 days a week. M-F 8 AM to 11 PM, Sat 11 AM to 6 PM, and Sun 11 AM to 8 PM.

Good luck and enjoy!!

13. ImmerTech

ImmerTech AllStar

Jul 19, 2004
    Fort Lauderdale
    Unfortunately, here we are on Monday and Circuit City has not yet even posted shipping information on my order status page. :nono2:

I ordered it Express overnight on Friday at 4:30PM EST.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that perhaps there website just doesn't update quickly. But my hopes of getting the HD TIVO today are shrinking fast.

- ImmerTech

14. ImmerTech

ImmerTech AllStar

Jul 19, 2004
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well I guess crossing your fingers works. I just got a shipping notice. It should arrive tomorrow. :D

- ImmerTech

15. SD493

SD493 Legend

Mar 10, 2003
    I ordered my from CC Thursday night and opted for the free shipping. It is scheduled to arrive at my house tomorrow.

16. mgusler

mgusler Mentor

Aug 6, 2002
    Well, the unit I ordered on Thursday arrived this afternoon. Pretty quick for standard shipping. The packing, however left a lot to be desired. The outer box looked like it was packed by a 12 year old. The tape was coming off, and the inner box was just flopping around in there. 2 of the 4 'air bags' they used for packing were deflated. Fortunately, the inner box looked pretty much undamaged, so I accepted the shipment. I'm a little concerned about the hard drive, though. Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I get it installed.

17. aaronwt

aaronwt Legend

Aug 14, 2003
    Northern...
    BB has it available online today!

18. ImmerTech

ImmerTech AllStar

Jul 19, 2004
    Fort Lauderdale
    WooHoo..It arrived...Quick somebody call my boss and tell him there is an emergency at home so I can get out of here early and play with it...

- ImmerTech

19. SD493

SD493 Legend

Mar 10, 2003
    I ordered mine Thursday night and got it today. I took off work today and am taking off Thursday and Friday so I can play with it. The packaging left something to be desired. The HD Tivo box was in a large box with the tape coming off. The "air bags" inside were inflated but the Tivo still had room to move around. The Tivo is fine and the Tivo box was unharmed. I have read numerous posts about the packaging, some even arriving with just the HD Tivo box with no external box. You would think that for a $1000 device we
    could expect better. Are stores outsourcing packing to the local elementary schools (no aspersions on the kids)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.