1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

class action lawsuit filed against time warner cable for lakers dodgers fee!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by celticpride, Jun 19, 2013.

1. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    The fierce cable website is reporting of a class action lawsuit against time warner cable for charging customers of directv, verizon and charter an extra fee for the lakers and dodgers games because of TWCS new tv contract with those sports teams .customers are mad for having to pay an exra fee (in my case i think its $2.00 with verizon) and i dont even watch laker or dodger games.

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Well since that$2 fee is only for the Lakers channel and another will likely pop up if the Dodgers get picked up that should be funny to see. They don't have a legal leg to stand on IMHO but should be interesting To see.

3. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Great, except customers of the non-TWC providers aren't being charged by Time Warner Cable (they're being charged by their providers), and the charge on my DirecTV bill is listed as "Regional Sports Fee," no mention of TWC SportsNet, Lakers, or Dodgers (and DirecTV charges that same fee in other regions of the country as well; not sure how Verizon and Charter handle things).

Assuming this lawsuit has been reported accurately by the thread starter, there's no way it survives 10 minutes in the same courtroom as TWC's lawyers.

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
  5. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    Another payday for the crass action lawyers. Arnold S. said it right in Red Heat when it comes to lawyers