1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

clear record history

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by hinzy, Dec 29, 2010.

1. hinzy

hinzy New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Is there a way to clear record history on the hr series receivers?
    Tried a search here but found no answers.
    Thx in advance, hinzy

2. kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
    There is no way of clearing your history of ppv but if you do a "reset everything" it will remove recording history but you will lose series links amoung others this you have customized.

3. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Actually, a "reset everthing" will clear your recordings as well. I am not 100% sure, so maybe someone else can chime in, but I think a "reset defaults" will clear SL's, History, and Favorites, but not recordings.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Even a "reset everything" will not erase PPV purchases because those are stored on the Access Card.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I know the charges are stored there, but once they've "phoned home", wouldn't they clear themselves as there can't be that much storage on the card.
    The card will hold about $30 worth before it quits if it can't call home.

6. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I actually downloaded the HR24 manual to see if i could find a definitive answer to this. Here's what it says:
    That said, I have an H24-700 with 9 "software downloads" in HISTORY. I just did a "reset defaults" on it, and it did NOT clear the HISTORY items. Based on that, I expect it won't clear HR HISTORY either.

So a "reset everything" would appear to be the only way to do it, but as previously noted, that will wipe any recordings as well.

7. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    And why would I want to Erase the History?

8. djousma

djousma Legend

Jan 22, 2007
    Because you purchased an adult movie that you dont want your spouse and/or parents to know about.

9. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Ah, never thought about it that way. :)

10. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I haven't test this in a while, but once upon a time the access card held the last 20 purchases, with new one pushing the oldest ones off of the list. Folks desperate to "remove" an unwanted PPV entry could purchase and then cancel 20 PPV movies to force the "bad" entry off of the list.

11. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    You would think that Directv would Erase all charges from the Access Card once they hadbeen transmitted via the phone to Directv's Billing Office.

My phone line accidentally and unplugged on one of my Master Bedroom DVRs unbeknownst to me during a Furniture rearrangement and after I reached my $ Limit I couldn't Order any more PPV so I called and a Directv CSR told me I had reached my Limit and hadn't paid my PPV Bill because the DVR couldn't phone in.

I hooked up the Phone Line and then it uploaded the billed PPV Purchases to Directv and I paid the bill and I was back in business.