1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clearing purchase list

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by texas_yankee, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texas_yankee

texas_yankee New Member

Aug 10, 2003
    Is there a way to clean the list of purchased pay per view movies? The list is getting rather long.I have a 721

2. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Are you connected toa phone line?

3. texas_yankee

texas_yankee New Member

Aug 10, 2003

Yes it is attached and checks out fine.

4. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    The 721 stores the ones already posted as well as the ones to be posted. I have found no way to clear the ones already posted.

5. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Are you saying this issue also pertains to the 921 and you are thus requesting a new feature, "Clear All PPV History"?

If it's just a 721 (only) issue, then the 921 forum is not the appropriate place for such an inquiry.

6. IanF

IanF AllStar

Jan 13, 2004
    This reminds me of a co-worker who ordered an "adult" movie while his wife was out of town, then realised she'd see it on the list when she got back. So he ended up watching a bunch of PPVs to push the bad movie below the fold. He told me at the time that he was amazed the cable/sat companies don't offer a "Wife Wipe" feature on PPV lists for $5... :)

7. Kenster

Kenster Legend

Apr 24, 2002
    Slordak, this is NOT the 921 Forum. It is the Dish DVR discussion forum. Sounds to me like it's open to all DVR discussions.

8. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Since texas_yankee is connected to a phone line, he should go to the "diagnostic"
    screen" and select the "dial out" option. If everything is working, he will see
    a message " updating smart card" or something to that effect, while it dumps the
    ppv list to E*.

9. jdamp

jdamp New Member

Feb 3, 2004

"co-worker" sure sure we believe you ;)

10. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    My apologies; wasn't paying attention to which of the forums in question I was posting to. Hence, yes, this is my mistake, and certainly wouldn't be the first time I've been corrected here :)

11. IanF

IanF AllStar

Jan 13, 2004
    I knew no one would believe me, but yes, it was a co-worker of mine. :)

12. homeskillet

homeskillet Icon

Feb 3, 2004
    Might clear it from the "list" but not the bill ;)

13. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    My 501 is plugged into a phone line, always has been, and I have a PPV from March of 2003 still sitting in there. I've checked the phone connection several times and it always passes. I guess Dish doesn't want to be reimbursed for the $3.99 they gave me to watch this movie.

14. awax

awax Legend

May 9, 2003
    Yeah one would think they would dial out after the pruchase but I was told by E* that they only dial out every couple of months or if $25 or more is ordered. The reason I was given as to why it doesn't dial everytime is "it costs us money everytime it dials" I believe if you call E* they can clear that list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.