1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Clearmybox...What doesn't it do?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by p4594spa, Aug 15, 2014.

1. p4594spa

p4594spa Mentor

Jul 20, 2006
    Does CLEARMYBOX leave your recordings in place and your repeat recordings in place? or it a true master reset, clear everything out?
    Is there any documentation on it? I did a search and didn't find anything

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It's just like a double reset, no recordings or future recordings are affected. It'll take a day or 2 for the guide to fully repopulate.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    When you typed it in did you then choose Keyword and then just let it sit for a minute or 2 ? It usually goes to work shortly after choosing Keyword.

It doesn't bring anything to the screen. It rests the receiver and starts cleaning out old data. It does not change any of the settings you have made, favorites, series, etc. No recordings will be lost.

4. hasan

hasan New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    I don't think he was saying the keyword search didn't say anything, he was saying a search for documentation on "clearmybox" hasn't shown anything, Since it's an undocumented feature at this point, finding documentation isn't going to be that easy, except on forums.

5. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I guess I'm the only one that's had a problem with clearmybox? Using it really screwed up my MRV.

Rich

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I interpreted what he said of not getting anything as the actual search word in the receiver did not find anything.
    It could mean what you stated, I do not know.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I had a friend try it to see if it resolved an issue, reboot took 30 minutes and the playlist had to be repopulated. Not sure what was potential box issue and what was caused by the keyword.

8. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I lost all connections to my boxes for a while. Had to reset all the boxes the old way. Haven't used it since, might have been a one time thing, but it really bothered me.

Rich

9. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have used it twice on 1 HR24 and once on my other one.
    No Problems.
    Having said that, my receivers are not on MRV or connected to the internet.

10. hasan

hasan New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    I used it on an HR44-700 when the "other showings" of a program had data for a completely unrelated series...very fubar! All proceeded normally, but since then, I have seen the same bug surface a few times. On first thought it appeared it was corrupted guide data (hence clearmybox), but since I've seen it at least twice since on different programs, i'm going to assume the guide data is simply wrong, or there is a bug in the database parsing code.

1 person likes this.