1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

CLEARMYBOX

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Drucifer, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    From my thread reading here, apparently a new command been added.

CLEARMYBOX takes the place of the quick double menu/reset that is needed to clear the Guide data.

WARNING: Along with the Guide data, it will also clear all your 'ToDo's until the Guide gets repopulated. And this can take 12-hours plus at least.

Remember, Red Button Reset, [RBR] is only for when the Receiver Front Panel fails to respond.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have used it, CLEARMYBOX, on both of my HR24s and it works like a charm. When you go to Search and type it in, then choose Keyword and let it sit it will work. I found out that if you actually press the Select button on All that it then determines that it is a Recent Search. The next time you want to do it you can jump down into Recent Searches and just choose it and it will work that way also.

One of the really good things is that it does it in just one time period of a reset and not the 2 that the red button resets takes or doing it twice using the Restart Receiver. And then there is the fact that it is done using software instead of interrupting the power with the red button.

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Sounds like a great feature.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've been walking around mumbling "clearmybox" since Scott posted about it. I haven't done it yet.

Rich

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    LOL !!!!

6. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I'm afraid.

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Went thru the same thing with the 30 second skip. Don't remember that now that I think of it. Is it 30skip? Think that's it. You would not believe what I went thru with DOS commands many years ago.

Rich

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Can't party like I did for so many years and expect a good memory. The things I remember clearly are the glaring errors I made on the ball field. Can't get those memories out of my mind.

Rich

9. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    That's it. That and 30slip.