1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Clients freezing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jhable, Apr 25, 2013.

1. jhable

jhable New Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I recently installed an HR34 and 2 clients for a Directv customer. I replaced all fittings and barrels in the system. Forced the software download on the HR34, activated all recievers and everything was working great. Got a call from the customer a couple days later stating that when the clients are turned off for a couple hours and then turned back on they display a grey screen and are unresponsive to any remote function and even the power button on the client itself. RBR is the only way to resolve the issue. It happens on both clients. If the clients are constantly left on there is no issue. I ran a system test on the HR34 and its returning an error code of 72-79-041. Any thoghts or suggestions?

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    SOURCE

The 041 is just an ID

3. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    You could also run a coax test...press Guide and right arrow at the same time...and check both the PHY levels and mesh values.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    note that the 79 eror code is meaningless because the Genie registers a drop connection every time a C31 client is turn off.