1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - BLU RAY SALE this week only

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by hdtvfan0001, Jul 27, 2010.

1. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
  2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Extraordinarily tempting, but it also makes me wonder if there's an even better edition to come in the next several months. I've been burned like that before.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    AFAIK, there's no plans for a re-release of Close Encounters.

Additionally, that Amazon price is a reaction to Fry's in-store price which is the same this week, so if you live near a Fry's, you can just walk in and pick it up.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Hmm.... thanks for that tip. I actually plan to be in a Fry's this afternoon.

5. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Mmm...fries.

(actually, I love Fry's, especially the parts side of the operation, and wish there was one in my area)

And thanks for the heads up on this, hdtvfan0001. :righton: Purchased.

6. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    I have Fry's here as well...same price. Unfortunately...many others don't...

so...at least with this...everyone can enjoy the great deal on a super Blu Ray / classic great movie.

7. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    That's a great price! I highly suggest jumping. I got mine when it first came out and the quality is fantastic!

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I've heard nothing but good things about this Blu release...

...but I have to say, I've never been a big fan of the movie itself. It's one of those blockbusters that I just never got involved in somehow and missed all the hype.

Not knocking it for folks that like it.. and many of the actors in it are ones I do like in other things... and I like lots of other Spielberg movies.

9. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Ditto.