1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closed Captioning

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Mike109, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Mike109

Mike109 Legend

Jun 28, 2010
    Is there any way to turn Closed Captioning On/Off using a single button press?

Sometimes it’s difficult to understand a person & it would be nice to turn on the captioning for just a brief moment in order to figure out what was said & then turn it off. Currently you have to pause the program, go through the menu, etc. And then reverse the process to turn it off.

Could this somehow be programmed through the remote’s learning mode or perhaps setting up a Harmony remote to do this?

2. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    No way with Dish remotes unless some of the newer versions can do it.

I have an old RS remote that could program sequences and had it set up for just that reason but then Dish changed the position in the menu so gave up. The RS was very confusing to configure and didn't want to go thru the pain again.

I don't know if there is something in the Harmony system to do this. Mine won't do it as programmed a few years ago.