1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closing forum

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by Mike Richardson, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Mike Richardson

Mike Richardson Banned User

Jun 12, 2003
    This really stinks that forums are now closing. I don't have the time to go on another forum so I guess I just won't discuss those topics anymore.

It doesn't help that AVSForum won't load either. DBSTalk works fine. EDIT, this may be my cable modem though.

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Ever since the recent forum realignment, the "HD Equipment" area has been one of the least active forums, and lately has been of virtually no benefit to members and visitors. Since hardware is AVS' forte, let's let David and his AVS team better serve our HD gear discussion needs.

3. thebigjp

thebigjp the 337's finest DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 21, 2003
    despite any of my previous sentiments, I must agree with Nick, this topic is DEFINITELY better served at DBSTalk's sister AVS.

4. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I agree with Nick as well. That's an area where AVS really shines.

5. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Basically we wanted to cut down on duplication between sites. This forum is one of the least active and it makes sense to have AVS take this area. On the flip side though, AVS will be closing some of their satellite forums and sending people here. All part of the re-alignment.

Like I said before, we are working behind the scenes to make this transition as smooth as possible but we also realize that not everyone will be happy. Please bare with us. We have a pretty good plan in place.

6. Maniacal1

Maniacal1 Godfather/Supporter

Apr 9, 2002
    Chris, I'll bear with you anytime. But I will never "bare" with you! :) Thanks for the invitation though.

7. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Better to hunt bear than to hunt bare. :D

8. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    :lol: :lol:

9. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Really glad Maniacal1 said it. I REALLY didn't want to!! :D

And, uh... Thanks for the image, Richard. :grin: :sure: ;) :nono2: :lol:

And just for the record, I agree with Nick. When I was looking for my HDTV (before I was a 'member' anywhere), it was AVS where I got the most good info about TVs. (Of course, I got all my info about E* from here. ;))