1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

CNN/CNN Networks, channel placement contract(s)?

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Tele-TV, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    I know this has been discussed before, but today I notice on my LA Uverse, CNN is also on channel 202, like D*.

Also a Google search shows CNN in Houston on Ch. 202, as well.

I Googled right now, " Dish network CNN channel placement ", and one website shows CNN at Ch. 202 (Dish Network); and CNN HEADLINE NEWS at channel 202.

1. I was just wondering if CNN/Turner Networks has a contract to always, or usually have their news networks placed in the 200's?

Thanks.

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The contract is to have CNN as the first channel in the "cable networks" area.

3. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    Ahhh, that would explain it. : ) Thanks BattleZone.

4. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    Having a lock on the first available channel in the hope that viewers who habitually start at the lowest channel and work their way up will stop at the first thing they see.

This sort of thing leads to a mess of a channel lineup (see most cable systems) rather than logical groupings of similar services.