1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coax line configuration Duo 322

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by livewire22, May 21, 2009.

1. livewire22

livewire22 New Member

May 21, 2009
    Hello, Im trying to reconfigure the dish network coax lines on a house i was working at where i accidentally cut the cable lines on the side of the house. The customer has two lines coming out the dish, four rooms with televisions w/ one duo dvr 625 in one room and a duo 322 in the other. They have two lines going to the 625 and one line going to each of the other three rooms. I hooked up one of the lines coming from the satellite dish to one of the lines going to the 625 room and the other line in that room is sending the signal back outside where it is hooked up to one of the rooms without a box. Those two tv's are getting picture. I hooked up the other line coming out of the satellite dish to the 322 room which is getting picture, but it only has one line going to that room so I cant send the signal back out to the fourth room to get the fourth room picture. I know the 322 line can be diplexed somehow to get the fourth room working but...i cant get it to work. There is also an antenna on the back of the 322 box if that helps. I cant get that damn fourth room to get picture! Anybody please help.

2. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    There has to be a cable from the 4th TV going somewhere, where does it go? There should also be a cable coming out of the TV2 coax on the 322, where does that go? If it's diplexed the cable from TV2 on the back of the 322 would go into a diplexer (that looks like a splitter) along with the incoming Sat signal. That cable would have to run to another diplexer where the TV2 signal is seperated out and the TV2 UHF sent to TV#4.

3. livewire22

livewire22 New Member

May 21, 2009
    the cable from the fourth tv runs outside to a diplexer on the side of the house and and is hooked up to the uhf input. The cable hooked up to TV2 on the 322 goes out to a diplexer behind its tv, I think hooked up to the SAT input. So there is two diplexers, one behind the tv and one on the side of the house.

4. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Maybe the 2 diplexers should be connected together seeing they are normally used in pairs.:)

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

This pic should easily be worth 1000 words...

The single line between the diplexers is typically the house's pre-wired cable run. At the receiver, there is a "Christmas tree" formed by the diplexer with the DPP Separator cascading off the diplexer's SAT port, and the TV2 output being connected to the ANT or VHF/UHF port.

Outside the house at the service box (or somewhere by the dish), a second diplexer is used to split the signals back out. The SAT port on the diplexer is hooked to the dish's LNB, and the ANT port is connected to the line that feeds the TV2.

6. livewire22

livewire22 New Member

May 21, 2009
    You all are the best!

7. Aug 5, 2009 #7 of 24
    SuperDish06

SuperDish06 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    BattleZone

Great article with simple explanation, I am running into similar issue, can you please tell me how to configure it. A similar picture with explanation would be great.

I have Superdish with 118, 119 and 110 connected to DP33 (in receiver it shows it as DP34). I want to configure DVR 625 in Family room with one cable running through wall to DP34 switch and configure second TV in master bedroom with cable running from DP34. DP34 is in basement with connection to other rooms with 311 receivers. I also have DPP44 not connected anywhere now. I want to use that along with DP34 (cascade) to configure all rooms.

Little expert opinion from you will be great.

Thanks in advance.

VJ

8. Aug 5, 2009 #8 of 24
    coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    All you need is the 44 and a couple diplexers.

Single cable from the 44 to the room with the DVR, diplex out TV2 and use a separator at the receiver. Single cables to each 311.

9. Aug 5, 2009 #9 of 24
    SuperDish06

SuperDish06 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    I tried doing that but still have issues. do I need to use seperator and diplexer near TV? how does it backfeed signal?
    visual diagram would be great, can you point to a link.

Thanks,
    VJ

10. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The only thing different in your setup is that there is a switch between the dish and the diplexer on the left. The output of the switch goes into the SAT side of the diplexer.

[​IMG]

If using a DPP44, the power inserter can go where shown, between the separator and the diplexor, or in line from the "combined" side of the diplexer. If using a DPP33, there's no power inserter to worry about.

NOTE: a DP34 is NOT a DishProPLUS switch, and therefore you'd have to run 2 lines to each dual-tuner, one per tuner, and would then NOT use separators.

11. SuperDish06

SuperDish06 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Thanks BattleZone. I will try this today and let you know how it goes.

VJ

12. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Is one of your issues that you're trying to use a DP34 with a DPP33?

13. SuperDish06

SuperDish06 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    I currently have DP33. Configuration in the receiver shows DP34, I recently moved and they installed DP33 in place for DP34.

I have DPP44 which I bought it before. I am planning to install DPP44 and cascade it with DP34 to make 6 rooms active. I can move receiver to any room based on requirement.

Thanks,
    VJ

14. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    You cannot link a 34 with a 44. Get a second 44.

15. SuperDish06

SuperDish06 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    How about cascading DP33 to DP44.

Thanks,
    VJ

16. SuperDish06

SuperDish06 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    BattleZone

I tried above configuration with DP33 switch, but I don't get display on second TV. Dish technician told me to go to channel 66 or 74 still no luck. I don't know how to make this work. I am trying this from last few days. What do you think is the issue.

Let me know what I should do.

Thanks,
    VJ

17. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    FIRST THING TO CHECK - both your TV2 RF output and the analog tuner need to be set to the same thing - either AIR OR CABLE. Once you have them the same, THEN check tha the channels are the same and your cabling is OK.

18. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Menu 6, 1, 5 should get you to the Modulator section.

There, you can change the channel that the TV2 signal gets sent out on, and whether you are using the Antenna or Cable configuration on your TV's tuner.

Old TVs only understood channels above 13 as "UHF" channels, and expected to get them over an antenna. But the FCC didn't license the entire UHF band for TV, and there are a number of gaps in the frequency range that are used for other things.

When cable companies started carrying more channels than 2-13, they decided that since they weren't restricted to broadcast restrictions (signals going out over the air), they might as well use those gaps, so they completely reorganized the frequencies used above ch 13, filling in all of the gaps and extending the channels above the UHF frequency range as well. So, even though many of the same frequencies are used between UHF and the upper cable channels, the actual channel *number* isn't going to match. Originally, only cable company set-top boxes could tune "cable" line-ups, but soon manufacturers added "cable-ready" tuners to their TVs, and so "cable-ready" TVs can be set to have their tuners work in "antenna" (UHF) mode, or in "cable" mode. Whichever mode you select on your TV, you must match on the sat receiver's modulator.

By default, Dish's receivers output on CH 60 if you select Antenna, and on CH 73 if you select Cable on the modulator settings. You can adjust the actual channel within a limited range to meet your own needs.

19. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Hey people, let's not get sloppy about our model numbers. In the context of mixing and matching, it makes all the difference.

There is no DP33, DPP34 nor DP44.

I don't think you can connect a DP34 with a DPP44.

Cascading DISH switches doesn't make any sense at all.

20. SuperDish06

SuperDish06 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Harsh,

How do you connect more than 4 rooms with out cascading two switches. earlier i have seen that you can cascade DP44 to DP34 or two DP34's. Let me know if this is not correct.

Thanks,
    VJ