1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CODE: 45-444

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H24/HR24 Field Trial (private)' started by Sparky Scott, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Sparky Scott

Sparky Scott Godfather

Dec 7, 2008
    I awoke this morning to see my H24-700, with 03ff ce on it, tuned on.
    I poked around, it was acting kinda weird. I did a system test, it came back with a 45-444 critical satellite data not received.
    Your receiver restarted at 6:52 a.m. e.s.t., today, because critical dates could not be acquired from the the sat. for 12 hours. Please call customer service and report code displayed above.I watched receiver yesterday, all was fine.
    My next step is?:confused:
    I have had some issues with this box in past, but being a field unit, I'm not sure what to do now?
    Should I reset, or leave alone.

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    According to RobertE's list...

Error Code 45
    Guide data Issue – No guide data received in over 24 hours

Possible distribution problem, incorrect ODU selection or signal blockage to one or more satellite locations.

3. Sparky Scott

Sparky Scott Godfather

Dec 7, 2008
    Guide data IS populated just fine.
    had issues the last 2 ce's.. I posted them in the issues section.
    They WERE guise data. It seems guide data populates, then, when I shut off, it had problems populating over night. The first 2 problems I've had, only populated the local channels. I menu reset, then all is well for few days.
    Question: Being a field unit do I treat it differently than a regular unit, as in resetting, or other issues? I have NOT reported this issue yet, to report cuz I have all the data back without doing anything. Reminds me of a power problem, but I know no power was lost via clocks would be blinking..

4. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Almost wondering if you have an LNB issue...that would account for the overnight guide update problem...and the error message.

Perhaps PM RobertE for his input..?

5. Sparky Scott

Sparky Scott Godfather

Dec 7, 2008
    Great idea! That's why you get paid the big bucks!! haha..
    I'll do just that.

6. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    I get paid???....when were they going to tell me that??? :lol:

Always glad to help if/when I can. ;)

7. Sparky Scott

Sparky Scott Godfather

Dec 7, 2008