1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Colbert Report replacement named - The Minority Report

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by dpeters11, May 9, 2014.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Good choice.

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    His wry humor should be fun.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I was hoping for a longer Daily Show ... but I suppose another spinoff might work.

5. balboadave

balboadave Legend

Mar 3, 2010
    To match the pronunciation of the The Colbert Report, this should have been called The Minority Rapport.

1 person likes this.
  6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Or "the minor rapport" to lose the syllable in minority ... but as a Larry Wilmore panel show it will be taking a different approach than the "one man show" done by Colbert. The name is not the only change.

The Colbert Report caught on and survived for ten years ... Perhaps there will be some crossover with The Minority Report to get it a good launch - but I'm not expecting 10 years. At least they will have a few months to grow an audience before Colbert returns (out of character) on CBS at 11:35pm.