1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College football Blackout Question - ESPN

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by pbg, Sep 13, 2008.

1. pbg

pbg Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    I'm currently being blacked-out of ESPN's coverage of Washington - OKlahoma.

Does anyone know why? Does FSN have some exclusive window now on Saturdays or something?

my zip is 98650

EDIT:
    Now I'm really confused- I see the Huskys don't play until tonight. doh!...

My guide for 206 just says college football currently, but not the teams- but I'm blackout.

2. tftc22

tftc22 Godfather

Mar 29, 2007
    If your ABC is showing Purdue/Oregon, then channel 206 should be blacked out since that is the game on that channel. If that's the case, then you should be able to get the alternate VA Tech/GA Tech game on channel 210.

3. pbg

pbg Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    yep, thats it - thank you for the speedy answer!
    pbg

4. BJM

BJM Godfather

Dec 9, 2006
    Just odd to see a blackout on the main channel (ESPN) - did that happen a lot, for example, last year?

5. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    In some part of the country, yes, every week.

It is the reverse mirror deal with the Big Ten. At least one Big Ten game will be on ABC regional each week. Where it is not on the local affiliate, it is on ESPN HD. If the game is on your local ABC, then the main ESPN feed (and the HD one) are blacked out locally.

6. thestaton

thestaton Legend

Aug 14, 2008
    What's really messed up about all of this...

ZipCode: 40502. If I where to subscribe to the college game day or what ever it's called, I couldn't watch the Univ of KY because they black out the state of KY, because they would rather sell the game on PPV for 30 dollars. Great way to stick it to your fans.

7. dwrats_56

dwrats_56 Godfather

Apr 20, 2007
    Columbia, MO
    Why would ESPN's College Football Scoreboard be blacked out?

The Washington/ Oklahoma game doesn't start until 7 CDT.

And the ABC game here in mid-MO is Ohio State/USC.

I just noticed that Oregon/Purdue in on OT. Guess that's the reason for the blackout.

8. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    You got it. Game is in OT. Better hurry up and get it over! I don't want to miss my Sooners!

9. dwrats_56

dwrats_56 Godfather

Apr 20, 2007
    Columbia, MO
    I was just trying to get caught up on scores, since my wife made me go to Lowes for paint.