1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colts v. Jags in HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bagreene, Dec 18, 2008.

1. bagreene

bagreene AllStar

Oct 6, 2008
    The Colts @ Jags game tonight on NFL network is not listed in the guide as being HD. It is also being simulcast on my local (Indy area) Fox affiliate and it's not listed as HD there either. http://www.hdsportsguide.com/ lists this as an HD game, so I'm assuming this is a guide error and I won't have to watch the Colts lock up a playoff spot tonight in SD. Anyone know for sure?

2. ccsoftball7

ccsoftball7 Godfather

Apr 2, 2003
    All the live NFL Network games are in HD...GO COLTS!!!

3. bagreene

bagreene AllStar

Oct 6, 2008
    I was pretty sure that was the case, but the guide made me question it. Thanks.

4. bryanw3535

bryanw3535 Legend

Aug 1, 2008
    Every NFL game this season has been in HD on every network.

Why stop now?

5. realracer2

realracer2 Mentor

Jun 11, 2006
    I hope you guys are right, as I will only get the Colts on the Local Indy Fox channel, and their guide does not show the Colts game as being in HD.

6. rotohead

rotohead Legend

Nov 28, 2007
    Reno, NV
    The pre-game show is in HD right now and looks outstanding.

7. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    Too bad the audio sucks ass.

8. rotohead

rotohead Legend

Nov 28, 2007
    Reno, NV
    Yeah, I know...2.0 feed and this broadcast is full of breakups and complete dropouts. Very bad so far.

9. flexoffset

flexoffset Godfather

Jul 16, 2007
    I've experienced a few audio jitters during the game. I'm in severe overcast and fog. Weather may be my problem.

10. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    The warbling audio is an NFL Network problem - they said so on the air a couple breaks ago. Video looks great on my end, however (aside from the crappy short-yardage running and missed FG from my Colts :p).

Anyone else remember the very first NFL Network HD game Thanksgiving weekend two years ago on Channel 95? After recording that glitchy game, ever single thing I recorded for two full days gave me black-screen recordings and instant keep/delete recordings until I realized what had happened. Had to RBR the HR20, all those bad recordings disappeared from my playlist, and then things were fine after that. :p

11. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    NFL Network certainly has had some "hiccups" in their HD channel broadcasting this year....apparently they're still ironing out the "kinks".

12. kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    I remember that 2 years ago. It was a HD minifestivus.... We all complained that we didn't have the pre and post game wasn't in HD... We wanted D* to keep in HD. I also remember Gumbel and I am glad that he is gone.