1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Columbia, SC Local Problems

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by shy007, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 4, 2005 #1 of 11
    shy007

shy007 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm beginning to get upset about the quality of my locals..... The CBS channel was fine for awhile but now it has way too much color..... I was watching the Final Four and the Illini looked like they were wearing red uniforms..... The UPN channel is horrible and the WB has always been bad.... The FOX network has terrible sound and when football is on, the picture compresses so much you can't watch the game..... The NBC has very dark colors as well......

Any ideas what I can do.... I have called directv and emailed all the local stations with no luck...... This is annoying because I hate Time Warner Cable.....

2. Apr 4, 2005 #2 of 11
    music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    What does the UPN channel look like? Ghosts? Grainy picture?

3. Apr 4, 2005 #3 of 11
    Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    I think were just stuck with those problems, crappy local stations and a crappy alternative to Directv. Maybe it's a conspiracy thought up by Time Warner Cable to get back all the customers it lost? lol

4. Apr 4, 2005 #4 of 11
    music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    Theres DISH network. Does DISH have Columbia SC locals yet?

5. Apr 5, 2005 #5 of 11
    shy007

Apr 11, 2003
    I had Dish years ago and they want give me any specials to sign back up.... I don't wanna spend a lot of money to sign up.... Does anyone know of any specials at Dish for former customers..... I was a customer back in 1997.... Do they still remember me?

6. Apr 5, 2005 #6 of 11
    Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    To get the Columbia Stations on Dish network you have to get a Superdish, and I don't want that eyesore in my yard lol :lol:

7. Apr 5, 2005 #7 of 11
    Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    When is UPN 47 ever gonna have a web site? They've had website coming soon on UPN47tv.com since January 1st, I know it doesn't take that long to make your own web site.

8. Apr 5, 2005 #8 of 11
    gor88

gor88 Icon

May 9, 2003
    If you go to the website for Roberts Broadcasting flagship station, WRBU in St. Louis, you will notice a lot of broken images. Maybe they had to fire their web designer.

http://www.upn46stl.com/

I am wondering what will happen when our new Roberts Broadcasting UPN station, WRBJ 34 Magee/Jackson, MS comes online in June. I hope they deliver a good signal.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone there in Columbia verify that UPN47 is sending an MTS stereo signal? I figure that if they do it for your station, they'll add it for our new station.

9. Apr 5, 2005 #9 of 11
    Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    The picture quality and sound for UPN 47 in Columbia is very bad, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll have a good signal for your UPN in MS.

10. shy007

Apr 11, 2003
    I would have to agree, I wouldn't want that big ole dish on my house..... I guess I'm stuck with sorry locals or switch to sorry cable.... If I do switch to cable, I will get C-SET.... They seem to show a few Gamecock sporting events from time to time.... I don't see directv adding C-SET anytime.... If they would add the CSSE, that would be great but I don't see it happening either..... Heck, they want add the Tennis Channel, so why would they add a regional sports channel...

11. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    That channel will probably go bust just like the channel the Minnesota Twins had Victory Sports One, about the only good RSN I think is the YES Network, because I like the Yankees and Mike and The Mad Dog is a great show, so is Yankeeography. If C-SET does stay on the air, I sure hope the Carolina Hurricanes don't start showing their games on there when the NHL comes back!!! Plus I think C-SET is a cable only network so Directv can't add them. http://www.c-set.com/faqs.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.