1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Columbia, SC locals not to good......

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by shy007, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shy007

shy007 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2003
    Has anyone from Columbia area noticed how bad the color is on WLTX 19? The sound is very loud on it also....

2. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    WLTX isn't that bad for me, but UPN 47 is the worst channel when it comes to audio problems in my opinion. I was watching "Total Recall" yesterday, and the talking was low the entire time, while the Sound effects and music were about 5 times louder than the talking.

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Have either of you ever compared the sat version to the cable version to the ANALOG OTA version of these channels? I had the ability to compare the cable, D*, and E* version of all my locals within a short time period, and they were equally as bad on each service, leading me to believe the issue really lies with the local station....

4. shy007

shy007 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2003
    I do agree UPN is not 2 good also.....

I got this response from WLTX last night.....

I agree. I have contacted DirecTV about the issue and am working with them on it. There is nothing I can do on my end without lowering the color on my signal thus making it incorrect. Thanks for the email and for watching WLTX.

Dan Stalnaker
    Director of Technology/ Operations
    WLTX-TV; WLTX-DT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.