1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combining Satellite & Cable Signal

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by destilo, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destilo

destilo New Member

Jun 5, 2007
    I am currnetly runnig cable throughtout some of my house and Dish throughout the rest. I decided to run the two signals over one cable using a diplexer and to then split it out at the TV using a second diplexer, then run both into an A/B Switch so that I could watch either Cable or Dish on one TV just by choosing the input at the switch. I am using a Vip622 for the dish signal, and it is transmitting as the second TV source (channel 125). Before I ever set up the second deiplexer/switch I plugged the coax cable into the TV and was able to get channels 2-77 (cable) and 125 (dish), although 125 was apparently a lower quality signal than the others. As far as I know, using the Vip622 TV2 output in this way broadcasts the same frequency as the cable channels. Since I am combining these signals into one, do I risk damaging any of my equipment? Can anybody recommend a way to improve the signal strngth/quality on the channel 125 coming from the Dish? Any help or info is greatly appreciated, I never thought that using only one diplexer would allow this to work.

Mike D

2. sattec

sattec Godfather

May 28, 2004
    first, use a reverse 2way splitter as a combiner instead of the diplexer, then check the quality on the tv, it will be better. :)

3. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    i don't believe that you can diplex cable and satellite. A Simple combiner or splitter will do what you intend a diplexer may actaully hurt you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.