1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Comcast and TWC voted most-hated ISPs in America's most-hated industry

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by Athlon646464, May 20, 2014.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Comcast and TWC voted most-hated ISPs in America's most-hated industry

The two business, which are currently trying to merge with each other, were found to be the worst ISPs in the most-hated industry that the index covers. Time Warner has the dubious achievement of making an all-time low score of 56 out of 100, with Comcast coming in just ahead of it with 57. On the other end of the scale, the 12,248 participants reluctantly gave their blessing to Verizon's FiOS, with a score of 71, and AT&T's U-Verse, which scored 65....

Full Story Here

[​IMG]
    Engadget

2. wje

wje Godfather DBSTalk Club

Mar 8, 2006
    New England
    Well, this one didn't seem to generate much controversy. Very uncharacteristically, I have to defend CCast. We switched to them for phone and internet, and not only was the install exceptionally professional, the service has been flawless. As a plus, our 50 mb/s service just got increased for free. I just measured 115 mb/s. Amazing. OTOH, I didn't drop Dish as our TV provider. :) Our previous provider, Fairpoint, was truly horrible. Verizon conned the PUC into letting Fairpoint take over the part of New England I'm in. It was a total disaster. I spent almost a year trying to get their billing unscrewed, finally just dumped them, like many others. Compared to Fairpoint, I imagine TWC would seem like a paragon of service.

3. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
  4. Eva

Eva Member

Nov 8, 2013
    I think it depends on your area or the employees you get. I was at a cable office disputing a charge until a supervisor came out and found the issue.