1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Comcast/DirecTV meeting again..finally

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by sum_random_dork, Dec 11, 2009.

1. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    Well, it looks like both sides have sat down. As some have noted both CSN BA/NE have been out of contract for almost a year now. Since Sept both Chicago and California have been out of contract as well. All 4 channels have been on D* because of arbitration. Both sides will be sitting down the middle of the month to talk according to SBJ. It also mentions that CSNNW and VS are now included in this as well as the 3 DirecTV RSN's. So maybe this is the ray of hope we've been looking for to get things worked out.

2. kikkenit2

kikkenit2 Icon

Oct 25, 2006
    Thanks for the update. Best new i've heard anywhere in a long time. Versus is the only channel I care about but it has been obvious for awhile this was about lots of channels, not just one.

3. ronkrc

ronkrc New Member

Mar 11, 2010
    According to a supervisor source from DirecTV they had another meeting with Comcast a couple days ago. At that meeting both parties came to an agreement with one item still not resolved. The unresolved problem is quoted as being small and should not take long to resolve. The person that DirecTV said "possibly a week or two". I sure hope this is true for all of us that want to watch the NHL playoffs.

4. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Maybe they will ssomehow pull CSS into this as it is the only REgional I can thin of we would not get after this dispute is settled.

5. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I read the link in the OP and then realized this was from December when it mentioned the FSN RSNs contract expiring at years end. D'Uh 2009. No current news.