1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast, Dish, DirecTV & EPB (local FI provider) Channel Lineups

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by srrobinson2, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srrobinson2

srrobinson2 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 16, 2003
    In July, while my family and I were on vacation, Dish turned off the HD feeds for Disney which caused several recordings my kids had programmed to fail. Now, they have pulled several Fox stations and most of my Sports package. Enough is Enough! They have not lowered my fees, but have removed many channels from my line up. In researching alternatives, I compiled the following HD Channel Lineup and Cost information.

(EPB is the Electric Power Board in Chattanooga, who has Fiber run in many areas)

2. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    There is a very, very, very long thread about the Fox vs Dish 50% price increase, already. Its in the general Dish discussion area.

3. srrobinson2

srrobinson2 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 16, 2003
    Yes there is, and this thread contains HD channel lineups for comparative purposes..I just added my own little editorial at the top :)

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    First of all, let's get the facts straight. All those channels before the dispute were available in the AT200 package which I subscribe to.

To get all those channels I pay the normal rate of $54.99 a month. To get all those channels from Comcast would cost me $74.94 plus $8 for HD. That's $82.94 or $27.95 a month or $335.40 a year more than I pay through Dish.

Why does your editorial ignore the cost to the average family. Or are Comcast prices really cheaper in Chattanooga? Or are you a News Corp troll that only pretends to care about the average American family, ignoring what the long term impact on the family will be if News Corp wins?

5. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Basically the same in Ct. Just got done comparing for my daughter for her new apartment. (Can't have a dish floor in private house) Uverse was somewhat close to Dish pricing, Comcast was much higher.

6. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    There is a comparison thread listed in my signature as well if needed for reference.

7. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    We all share your frustration. If the pulled channels are that important to you, then you should drop Dish by all means. But be aware that the HD Platinum channels also cost extra on DirecTV and probably Comcast, a fact your spreadsheet missed. You also left out a few Dish channels like Cooking, Galavision, and Nat Geo Wild. HDNet Movies and HD Theater are included in AT250 in place of FX and Nat Geo during the dispute. And don't forget that a DVR on Comcast costs a lot more than on D* or Dish, as do additional converter boxes. In the long run cable has a lot less and costs a lot more. If I were switching, I'd go for D* or EPB which offers amazing internet speed.

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Unless I'm missing something, we don't need another thread for this.

The existing Disney dispute thread is here.
    The existing FOX thread is here.
    The MSG thread is here.

Please feel free to contribute to any or all of those threads as it pertains to your situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.