DBSTalk Forum banner

Comcast is bringing its online Olympics coverage to Xfinity TV subscribers

679 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  grunes 
#1 ·
Comcast is bringing its online Olympics coverage to Xfinity TV subscribers

By its nature, conventional TV offers limited coverage of large sports events like the Olympics -- much to the chagrin of fans. Comcast's Xfinity TV subscribers won't have that problem with the Sochi Olympics, though. The cable giant is bringing its NBC Sports Live Extra app to X1 set-top box owners for the first time, giving them 1,000 hours of live Olympics video streams that would previously have required a desktop browser or a mobile app....

Full Story Here

See less See more
#2 ·
We don't subscribe to the on-demand stuff, but I have watched Olympic events through the Opera Browser on a PC. (Chrome wasn't fast enough to do it without discontinuity, and I also gave up on Firefox and Internet Explorer. Maybe they work on a faster PC.)

Unfortunately, NBC's website won't let you watch replays without showing you lots of spoilers, that give various results before you watch it - both on the website, and in the ads. You have to watch live to avoid spoilers.

To find the appropriate web page for day 1, search Yahoo for

+"Full Event Replays" +"2014 Sochi Olympics" +"day 1"

If you don't want day 1, search for the appropriate day.

Aside from the spoilers, and the annoying ads, it works very well.

Though, even if you put Opera into Full Screen Mode, the website shows some ads at the top, making the display a little smaller. I can't figure a way out of this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.