1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Comcast is buying Time Warner Cable

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by jimmie57, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
  2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Good maybe we might get Sara back and get this trash off the IRDs!!

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    That's not happening, just accept the world is moving forward.

4. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    Oh good with them owning a lot of networks and 35M subs the rates can go even higher.

5. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Or they could go down, or not go up as much, for Comcast customers, how many cable channels could afford to lose a 35M customer audience? That's one of the arguments for a DIRECTV/Dish merger, a larger customer that has more bargaining power when it comes to contract renewal time.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

6. Phil T

Phil T DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    I just set up Comcast internet for my daughter at her new apartment. They have an exclusive agreement with the complex (confirmed with Centurylink). I actually thought these were illegal, but I guess not. If I understand it right it is illegal on a federal level, but not on a local level and there is no enforcement. (Sound like Colorado's pot laws!)

I also figured if it is exclusive they would have better pricing. Nope.

I had to call to get the modem registered and talked to CSR's in the Philippines.

All I can say is with this merger is the big get bigger, the prices go up and they can employ more people overseas.

Sounds like a win win for everybody but the consumer. :bang :down: :hair:

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.