1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Comcast RF remotes

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by justsam, Oct 14, 2013.

1. justsam

justsam New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Where can I find which Comcast remotes and STB's have RF remote capability?

I am helping my daughter with an install and I advised her when she ordered that due to the particular install configuration, there MUST be RF remote. The order desk said no problem.

When it came time for install the tech said the newer boxes which he provided do not have RF remote, and they would need to get an older, physically larger STB which due to size makes a difficult install.

I can rig some external IR to RF to IR but would be so much cleaner to do it internal to the STB, if available. Can I just buy an RF remote elsewhere assuming the STB is capable?

2. jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000 Hall Of Fame

Feb 15, 2007
    Manchester NH
    The New HD-DTA's are RF capable just installed one last week. Now i can hide my box :joy: