1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast Sports Net - Philly available on Verizon FIOS - Why not D?

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by wilbur_the_goose, Nov 10, 2006.

1. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    My town is getting Verizon Fios TV, and they're including Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia.

How can FIOS get CSN-Philly and DirecTV/Echostar can't???

2. Sparkman87

Sparkman87 Legend

Apr 27, 2002
    Because it is not distributed by satellite which allows them to keep it away from the satellite companies.

3. Hound

Hound Icon

Mar 20, 2005
    We are getting Verizon Fios in NJ as well and the southern half of the state
    will be getting Comcast Sportsnet Philly. My prediction is that the
    Fios Triple Play along with Comcast Sportsnet Philly in HD, or YES HD and SNY HD in northern half of NJ is going to take some subscribers from Directv and Echostar.

4. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Problem with FIOS is they don't have any of the sports packages (NHL/NBA/MLB). Can't figure out why not, with all that bandwidth.

I have FIOS internet and it's simply amazing.

5. Amherst

Amherst Mentor

Sep 21, 2006
    Bad info here.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that verizons fios is to be feed by direct tv which means direct has the philly feed.

6. tstarn

tstarn Banned User

Sep 30, 2006
    I live in Philly, and Comcast Sportsnet is NOT on Directv because Comcast is po'd at D*'s Sunday Ticket deal here, so they refuse to allow D* to carry Sixers, Flyers and Phillies games via Satellite. It's an ongoing game of chicken, and one reason hardcore Philly fans skip D*.

There will be no D* feed into FIOS that includes Philly Sportsnet.

7. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    absolutely positively not!!!! Verizon has its own SUPER HEAD ENDS... no connection to directv at all

8. colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    Taken from Wikipedia:

9. Amherst

Amherst Mentor

Sep 21, 2006
    Thanks for the correction, I was told that info and obviously it's incorrect.
    Do you happen to know where the locations for the head end(s) are?

10. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    The reason for the DirecTV confusion might be that Verizon has partnered with D* to market video in places where Fios TV doesn't yet exist.

11. FramundaCheeze

FramundaCheeze Legend

Jun 9, 2004
    Alright, so Verizon is not being fed by D*. But I'm still confused as to wether FiOS(in Philly), will get CSN Philly????