1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Comcast

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by inhd40, Jun 13, 2013.

1. inhd40

inhd40 Mentor

Jan 26, 2013
    My daughter has moved into a new place and is thinking about doing the Comcast Triple Play. She is somewhat concerned about the DVR functionality as she is used to having Dish and Directv. Has anyone used this equipment lately and how does it compare? She will have three TV's and would like DVR on at least two if not all three.

2. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    From what I understand they are quite good and fast. But you may have better luck in the Comcast Forum at DBS talk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIs79Da9vXI

3. inhd40

inhd40 Mentor

Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks, that looks pretty cool actually. I did see that post on DBS but it didn't have much action over there.

4. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    If they don't want a commitment, I say you have nothing to lose.
    Our Local Blue ridge Doesn't require a commitment, unless you do a Dish Buy Back offer.

But from what I've seen and heard even around the Directv forums they seem to be quite good.
    I say do some google searches and Maybe Comcast has their own equipment forum.
    Here you will get a lot of useful and some very un-useful info in the Directv Forums :smoking:

5. inhd40

inhd40 Mentor

Jan 26, 2013
    Two year commitment, the details of which are a little hard to pin down, must have to check out first.