1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Comedian David Brenner dies at 78

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by fluffybear, Mar 15, 2014.

1. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    From Fox News:

2. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    RIP, David. Thanks for making us laugh!

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    And they just keep moving on....

He was a great comic. Take a full 8 minutes and watch this whole interview with Carson:

[youtubehd]L9VsMgGgyJo[/youtubehd]

RIP David.

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    R.I.P. David.

5. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Heard on the news this morning he asked to be buried with $100 in small bills tucked into one of his socks. Just in case wherever he's going, he needs to tip. :)

6. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    RIP David..

7. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    "Does anyone really think that hunters are fooling the animals with that camouflage they wear, like, 'Oh. That's not a hunter. That's just a bush' ? I mean, if a moose was in my livingroom and it had a picture of a refrigerator taped to its chest, would I think, " 'That's just a refrigerator' "?

8. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    That interview makes me wonder if Weekend with Bernie was a riff on one of his routines?

9. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    He has not been in the public eye for some time, but he still will be missed. I liked that guy. I've also never heard an unkind word about him, so a lot of other people probably liked him too.