1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Comedy Central 3.1 Audio

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by shmengie, Jul 4, 2013.

1. shmengie

shmengie Godfather

Apr 12, 2007
    City of Angels
    I know this isn't a D* topic per se, but how does Comedy Central finally switch to HD (What...2 years ago now?) but not go to 5.1? Just lame. It's bugged me for a while; today felt like a good day to vent.

Or, am I wrong? Does CC broadcast in 5.1 and D* only feeds it in 3.1?

Eh, whatever...Happy 4th to y'all!!

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    My Yamaha just shows Dolby Digital. It does not distinguish between 2.1, 3.1, 5.1

3. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    me too on a Sony Bravia system it only shows Dolby Digital.

4. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    I've noticed, and just confirmed from a recording, that The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are broadcast in 2.1 (stereo with subwoofer - my receiver shows which speakers are receiving input). However, I played a Key and Peele, and it was in 5.1.

5. shmengie

shmengie Godfather

Apr 12, 2007
    City of Angels
    LOL!! Yes 2.1, not 3.1. I'm an eeeediot! (And I may have - MAYBE - had a cocktail or two when I wrote that ;) ).

TDS and Colbert is just about all I watch on Comedy Central. I guess that's why I think everything is 2.1. I'll have to check Inside Amy Schumer; see how that plays.

6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Right now, I am getting 2.0 for Reno 911 on both Directv and fios.