1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Comments on HD Dish Install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by the_fishman, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_fishman

the_fishman Guest

I am having a HD Sat. dish installed by Directv next week in preparation of my HR10-250 arrival. I currently have a "regular" dish for Directv.

Should I be on the look out for anything? What should I have the installer do/not do? Any past problems I could avoid?

I will not have a HD Reciever for him to hook up to for testing...just a regular receiver.

2. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I also scheduled an HD dish install in anticipation of receiving my HD10-250 to supplement my two SD DirecDVR's (which are currently connected and active and have been for years). I hope you have better luck than I did.

Although I was explicit about the fact that I did not yet have the HD receiver (I did, however, have an OTA HD tuner), and confirmed that they have meters with which to tune in the signal so that all I had to do when I got the receiver was connect it, the installer showed up and then told me that they can't even do the install without the HD receiver.

I was a little perturbed and it was explained to me that the person with which I set up the install was a sales person and did not know enough about the installation process to correctly assess my situation. I'll just need to reschedule the install once I get the receiver.

Good luck!

3. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    just make sure the installer knows what they are doing. it is harder to install a tri-LNB dish then a single becasue you must get all 3 satllites lined up perfectly for it to work.

4. PSB

PSB New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Ask to see the installers SBCA 1+2 card......no card no install! Picture ID is also a must, as is a license if required in your state, the Phase III dish is a breeze to install, just as easy as a single dish, if the installer is having problems with it tell him to leave!

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Make sure that all four lines are run from the Phase III dish into the house at the same location. Then you distribute to your receivers. This also allows for easier updates later when you add the additional multiswitch. :)

6. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Since when do you need a HD receiver to install a phase III dish? Won't any receiver that knows about the oval dish and 3 LNB's be able to be used for the install??? I know my SD Tivo's know about it and my old Sony A55's also could handle a 3 LNB dish.

7. the_fishman

the_fishman Guest

Install went fine. I did not need an HD receiver to complete. All is well and waiting for th HD Tivo to come this week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.