1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commercial Skip

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by jerry downing, Jul 23, 2012.

1. jerry downing

jerry downing Godfather

Mar 7, 2004
    Illinois
    I have two questions.

1. How do I activate Commercial Skip on my Hoppers?

2. How do I access the internet on more than one Hopper?
    I have discovered that if more than one receiver is connected via ethernet, the network crashes and Joeys cannot find Hoppers.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I believe the commercial skip only works on PTAT.

3. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Legend

Jan 17, 2008
    Correct but not till the next day either.

4. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    1. the autohop feature only works on things recorded as part of the primetime anytime, and only after 1 am the morning after it recorded. Also, does not work on anything filmed live such as the news or sporting events.

2. On one of the hoppers, go to menu -> settings -> network setup -> broadband -> use the red hotkey to make sure Moca is selected from the drop-down -> hit the blue hotkey two times -> bridging button should appear to the right -> select bridging -> if bridging is set to on, change it to off and select save.

Not guaranteeing that will work, but there's a good chance it will. Probably only need to do it one one of the Hoppers.

5. jerry downing

jerry downing Godfather

Mar 7, 2004
    Illinois
    How do I enable Autohop?

6. strikes2k

strikes2k AllStar

Dec 9, 2008
    You don't. If you have PTAT turned on, then after 1 A.M. if you watch a PTAT show you will be asked if you want to skip commercials at the beginning of the program.